Sign in to follow this  
AJ Cardwell

Best Picture Settings For Hd Pro Recording Cod Ghosts

Question

Having trouble finding the right brightness, contrast and saturation for recording call of duty ghosts from the Roxio HD Pro.

I've tried adjusting it but between the small preview screen the brightness setting in cod ghosts settings and the Tv picture settings I just can't get it close to what its meant to look like. It always end up looking washed out, too bright..or too saturated....can anyone help...?

3 answers to this question

If you're looking for the controls there should be a button next to the information button (near the live stream and capture buttons). It'll have sliders for brightness, contrast, saturation, and other stuff (don't really remember since I could add it all back in editing if I choose to).

If you're looking for the controls there should be a button next to the information button (near the live stream and capture buttons). It'll have sliders for brightness, contrast, saturation, and other stuff (don't really remember since I could add it all back in editing if I choose to).

I know how to get the picture settings, I wanted to know if anyone knew the best picture settings to get as close to what cod ghosts is suppose to look like... like I said.. it always ends looking too washed out too bright or too dark etc..

Ok, are you asking what settings to use in the Roxio software or in the editing program? Either way nobody can give you exact settings because everybody's monitor isn't calibrated the same so what may look amazing on one monitor might look dull on another. I'll assume you mean the Roxio software (like the preview screen). If you don't know much about the settings I'll try to give some pointers: First of all raise or lower the brightness until YOU like how bright it is. Next, adjust contrast because those are the highlights and also contribute to the difference between the lightest and darkest parts of the picture. Finally boost the saturation up slowly until the colors look good to your liking. I don't know my exact settings for it off hand since I'd have to hook up my Roxio, but that's how I got mine the way I liked. When I edit I might apply color curves or basically add more contrast, then I'd sharpen it a little (like 10-15%), and add more saturation if needed. Don't worry about asking for more help, I have enough free time to help as much as I can.