kaitb21

Easy Vhs To Dvd For Mac: Capture Problem!

Question

Hello! I recently bought this product and attempted to transfer video from my VHS to my Mac but am having no luck. The program says it is recording (and even lets me save the recording) but there is no video or sound being captured. All I see in the preview is a green screen. Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it?

Edited by kaitb21

6 answers to this question

You are correct that when you are seeing the green screen there is no video being received. The most common reason for this is you have it selected for S-video when the connection is composite video or vice versa. If you do have the connections and settings correct then quit the application and remove the USB device. Then launch the application before plugging in the USB device. That may help. If you still aren't receiving video make sure the other end of the video cable is connected to an output and not an input on the player. Hopefully one of these things will resolve the issue.

Also, be sure to choose Medium Quality and not High Quality for the recording. You wouldn't see much if any difference and the medium setting writes much smaller files, is far more compatible and doesn't have the audio sync problem that many experience with the High quality setting.

Thank you. I have used both composite video and Medium quality settings and it does not make a difference. The only difference is that the High Quality wouldn't actually save a "video" whereas the Medium did - but still no picture or sound. It also won't allow me to launch the application before plugging in the USB device because it just prompts me to do so. I am using an older TV with a built in DVD and VHS, and the cable is connected to the only place on the TV that is available for connection. Hmm... Could the device be defective?

Thank you. I have used both composite video and Medium quality settings and it does not make a difference. The only difference is that the High Quality wouldn't actually save a "video" whereas the Medium did - but still no picture or sound. It also won't allow me to launch the application before plugging in the USB device because it just prompts me to do so. I am using an older TV with a built in DVD and VHS, and the cable is connected to the only place on the TV that is available for connection. Hmm... Could the device be defective?

Plugging in the device when prompted to do so by the application is correct. I don't know what you're trying to copy but the device will not capture video from a copy-encrypted DVD or video tape. The source has to be a home video. As for a defective player or cable, is there anything else that has a video output that you can try just for testing? When I got my device from Roxio the cable with the USB connector was defective. I figured this out because I had an El Gato EyeTV that had a similar cable which works for me. It's hard to know which connection isn't working, but you need to see the picture and hear the audio in the application before it will record anything.

I have a similar problem but my program does not say it is recording. It recognizes the USB device but still, when I start playing the vcr I see no link to the computer: it does not play in the program. I get a solid green screen and cannot record anything.

What am I doing wrong?

Does this product work with Yosemite, apple tells me not without an update or patch. Is this true?

Haven't tried it and it will be next week before I have the opportunity to give it a test.