• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Bonnie Rz

Bonnie Rz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hi. I'm trying to install NXT2 on a windows 7 64 bit pc. I get the message: "Setup has detected products currently on your system that should be uninstalled prior to continuing with the installation. -- If you choose to continue the installation, these products will be uninstalled first. Do you want to continue the installation?" The "products" are not identified. I certainly don't want to uninstall software that I use. Help! Thanks.
  • GuidoKC likes this

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,961 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Hi. I'm trying to install NXT2 on a windows 7 64 bit pc. I get the message: "Setup has detected products currently on your system that should be uninstalled prior to continuing with the installation. -- If you choose to continue the installation, these products will be uninstalled first. Do you want to continue the installation?" The "products" are not identified. I certainly don't want to uninstall software that I use. Help! Thanks.

Do you have a previous version of Roxio Creator installed, such as NXT or C2012?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Bonnie Rz

Bonnie Rz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

No Roxio products installed at all.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:08 AM

Not even OEM software that came with the computer? Use Windows search and type in 'Roxio".

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#5 Bonnie Rz

Bonnie Rz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

Hi, I had checked all my programs, but did this search as you suggested. Nothing showed up in programs, just the word in a couple emails. Any other thoughts?

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

Yes, just let it go...

It will tell you What it is un-installing when it reaches that point.

If it is an OEM program, you will never miss it :lol:

If it isn't, seeing the name should remind you what program you bought and forgot about ;)

#7 S.Michalisky

S.Michalisky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

I have the same exact problem as BonnieRZ.
Frankly, I am afraid to "Just let it go". How do I know it will tell me what programs it will uninstall? I am quite peeved that Roxio does not give you avenue to ask them directly. This should not be considered your one free technical support question. I have not installed any programs on this new computer.
  • GuidoKC likes this

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

I have not installed any programs on this new computer.

What new computer (manufacturer and model (complete model number). ? Are you sure that the manufacturer didn't install some programs?

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:14 AM

Frankly, I am afraid to "Just let it go". How do I know it will tell me what programs it will uninstall? .

If you are that paranoid, return the program and move on...

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,964 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

Yes, just let it go...

It will tell you What it is un-installing when it reaches that point.

If it is an OEM program, you will never miss it :lol:

If it isn't, seeing the name should remind you what program you bought and forgot about ;)

Frankly, I am afraid to "Just let it go". How do I know it will tell me what programs it will uninstall? I am quite peeved that Roxio does not give you avenue to ask them directly. This should not be considered your one free technical support question. I have not installed any programs on this new computer.

You need to slow down and actually read the pop up box's during installation!

The installation of NXT2 Pro does list the products to be removed 'Roxio Creator NXT Pro' do you see it listed?

Attached File  3.jpg   26.47KB   0 downloads

Edited by cdanteek, 18 August 2014 - 04:37 AM.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#11 TeddyKGB

TeddyKGB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

Is there any updates to this thread?  I am trying to install NXT5 on a new Windows 10 PC.

I'm getting that 'Products need to be uninstalled' message without a list of what they are.

Has any non-Roxio products been identified by anyone as 'one of those products that need to be uninstalled'?

Has anyone tried to install the product anyway, and if so, does the install later identify specific products that need to be removed?

Thanks.

#12 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,086 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

You need to slow down and actually read the pop up box's during installation!

The installation of NXT2 Pro does list the products to be removed 'Roxio Creator NXT Pro' do you see it listed?

There are no updates to the thread because it was about NXT 2, and it was completed.

Have another look at the 'Products need to be uninstalled' message, and if necessary, post a screenshot of it in the NXT 5 forum so we can discuss it and help you.

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users