Monty Lee

Popcorn 2 VIDEO_TS problems

Question

I am trying to convert some VIDEO_TS files to iPod videos. Two of the VIDEO_TS files were created by RIPPING a DVD. Two were created by me (home movies). In all cases, dragging the VIDEO_TS file to Popcorn 2 results in:

The source VIDEO_TS folder appears to be damaged.

That's it. Popcorn 2 won't read the file. It won't read the VOBs. However, every other program (except Toast) can read the VIDEO_TS file and convert it, and I tried about a dozen. It plays fine also.

So what is the trick to get Popcorn 2 to read a VIDEO_TS file?

Thanks.

Monty

7 answers to this question

I've only started using Popcorn and have run into the same problem. I've gotten the same "damaged" error, as well as a "The Contents of this TS_VIDEO folder cannot be compressed" message, with no indication why, or suggestions as to what to do. In my case, I'm looking to burn to DVD not copy to an iPod.

Anyone else have ideas? If Popcorn 2 isn't going to work for me, might be looking for a refund and trying something else.

I am trying to convert some VIDEO_TS files to iPod videos. Two of the VIDEO_TS files were created by RIPPING a DVD. Two were created by me (home movies). In all cases, dragging the VIDEO_TS file to Popcorn 2 results in:

The source VIDEO_TS folder appears to be damaged.

That's it. Popcorn 2 won't read the file. It won't read the VOBs. However, every other program (except Toast) can read the VIDEO_TS file and convert it, and I tried about a dozen. It plays fine also.

So what is the trick to get Popcorn 2 to read a VIDEO_TS file?

Thanks.

Monty

"The Contents of this TS_VIDEO folder cannot be compressed" message, with no indication why, or suggestions as to what to do.

I saw this same issue, and found that by only selecting region 1 in Mac The Ripper, Popcorn 2 seems to get past this, but now get a different error of "Mac OS returned an error of: -50".

I am extremely disapointed with Popcorn wrt what it gives users as error indications, $9.95 software I would expect this, but not $49.95...

I've just started using Popcorn 2 as well and am also getting the same problems. It won't accept the VIDEO_TS file. It's very frustrating to search for support on the Roxio site as well. They don't even mention Popcorn 2 in the choices when you choose your product.

Oh, I'm also getting "The contents of this VIDEO_TS folder cannot be compressed. The compression box is uncheced when I get the error.

I think I'm up for a refund too.

:) I have got the same error "The contents of the VIDEO_TS folder cannot be compressed". I don't remember getting this with Popcorn 1 just since I've upgraded. There doesn't seem to be anyway round this or reference to it on the Roxio site. Come on Roxio what about a response!

I have seen this happen when trying to use a VIDEO_TS folder that is lacking something that was in the original VIDEO_TS. Nothing can be removed from the original VIDEO_TS before using it in Popcorn because Popcorn reads the IFO and gets really confused when something the IFO says should be there isn't.

I have seen this happen when trying to use a VIDEO_TS folder that is lacking something that was in the original VIDEO_TS. Nothing can be removed from the original VIDEO_TS before using it in Popcorn because Popcorn reads the IFO and gets really confused when something the IFO says should be there isn't.

Thanks for the reply. I used Mac the Ripper because I want to transfer it to my iPod and needed to strip off the Macrovision and region code. Popcorn won't let me use the original DVD as it is copy protected. I have managed to do this before with several other DVD's so maybe there was a problem when ripping it. I'll try again. Thanks for your help

Hey guys. a couple of thoughts. try a full disk extraction in MTR rather than a main feature extraction...then drag the video ts file to popcorn. i've had good luck with that. if no workie, make a contribution and get the latest beta version of MTR...i've had better luck with the beta version of 3.0r14.f than the released version of 2.6.6. i have found that most problems like you mention here are not popcorn's fault but whichever program was used to create the video ts file. hope this helps. good luck.