1 reply to this topic

#1 transfo

transfo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT USE THIS METHOD FOR RECORDING MOVIES. INFRINGEMENT IS A VERY SERIOUS CRIME AND IS PUNISHABLE BY FINES AND JAIL TIME.

Hello all,
Those of you who've picked up a PS4/XBOX ONE might've been dissapointed when you found out you can't capture them. (Note:I only have a PS4, but this should work on Xbone as well)
1. Have a desktop screen recording software. (DXTory, Fraps, Bandicam, etc.)
2. Connect your console, you should see the preview in the Roxio application.
3. Record this preview (you should probably go fullscreen, however you'll need a good computer for this)
And there you have it! Now, this probably won't work on the average computer well, the video will be laggy thanks to Roxio's ABSOLUTELY amazing and reliable, highly-optimized software, coupled with an average computer. For now, I use the built in recording for the PS4, but the patch that allows Devs to change HDCP is coming soon :)

-transfo47

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,284 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

This method will work... Keep in mind that if you want to have a live commentary you will have to do it by adding it in real time at the RGC Device (RCA inputs) and ignore what the delayed preview is showing ;)

I feel that a better work around is to use an HDMI to Component converter... of course these do cost money :(

I should point out that some have suggested HDMI Splitters as a solution. These are very much hit and miss! It will work with some but not with all!

FYI, the lag is IN the hardware because conversion takes time! My AverMedia HD capture card (+-$200) also has lag and it too will not capture anything with HDCP -_-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps4, xbox one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users