Sign in to follow this  
maria3210

Where Is The Toast Basic?

Question

I bought the Roxio easy vhs to dvd for mac. I didn't have problems to capture the video but when I wanted to burn it, I found out that I don't have the Toast basic, which was supposed to be included in the box I bought. I had just one Dvd to install in the box I bought but I don't have any other program or dvd to install the Toast basic. Any idea how can I solve my problem? I'd like to put my movies into a Dvd but without this program I've no idea how it works. What's more, if the program it´s called, vhs to dvd, it would be logical that the program to record dvd is there, isn't it?

It would be nice if you can give me an answer.

Thanks! :)

1 answer to this question

A few years ago Roxio changed this product but didn't change its name. It no longer includes a Toast Basic application and the capturing software is very different from the original. You need to get an application that authors video DVDs. Toast does this but if you go to macupdate.com and search for video DVD you should see others.

While I understand it is upsetting to buy a product with this name that can't make DVDs, what the newer software can do is make videos that can be streamed over the Internet and to smart TVs and other devices, which the original could not do. This software also works much better with iMovie.

Be sure to choose Medium Quality when capturing to have the most compatible file format and to avoid an audio sync issue that is common when using the High Quality setting. You won't notice any loss of quality.