30 replies to this topic

#21 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,961 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Zooming in does not seem to make any difference.

And after installing the other stabilizer as a trial, it does not seem to be avail in roxio videowave.
There are no installation instructions on the "Corel Video Studio** X3+" compatibility.
Have you installed this tool into NXT Pro?
I am asked where to install, and have tried several obvious choices in Roxio disk tree, but to no avail.

The NewBlue Stabilizer plugin does not work with Roxio. The NewBlue website lists the programs that accept the plugin , look under specifications

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#22 mzettler

mzettler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

Response from them: I'm sorry but (3rd party) Stabilizer does not support that editor (Roxio NXT2Pro).

#23 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

Sorry, I thought that there was a standalone version. Lo9oks like there is a plug in for certain Corel and Pinnacle versions. FYI both Roxio and Pinnacle are owned by Corel who also has video editing programs.

Try this one. It is a standalone version that does have a free trial and is cheap ! It is from ProDAD in Germany but available from Amazon. ProDAD is a well known video effects developer (VitaScene).

I'm trying it now but I really don't have any shaky videos so I don't know how much improvement there will be. I downloaded, installed and started to stabilize a video. It works very well but it is slow!

Let us know if you try it and how you like it. Note: Since VideoWave in NXT 2 Pro doesn;t work, it is permissible to post information on this program on these forums.

Edited by sknis, 06 July 2014 - 01:17 PM.

• mzettler likes this

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#24 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

I gave up on the proDAD stabilizer. It asked for codec that I installed and then it worked. Any output from either the free version or the V3 trial resulted in a pink "X" across the saved video.

Note: If you are running Windows 8 or after, Microsoft has added a video stabilizer to the free Windows Movie Maker. I haven't tried it on my laptop.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

#25 mzettler

mzettler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

Hey sknis,

Mercalli recommendation was a good one!
Mercalli free trial installed itself and 3rd party codecs, and ran the first time.
It works really well to stabilize my test video, and my live band videos too (except of course the X watermark on the output video).
This stabilization tool live up to my (at this point relatively naive) expectations.
It is brilliantly simple to use. it auto starts when a file is dragged into it, loops the stabilized video once it is available, and allow split screen before/after while looping.
You don't have to mess with zoom levels, or any other algorithm controls, it just seems to work as-is.
I did not find the tool slow at all on my brand new i5 3.4 GHz PC - in fact I was impressed with how fast it analyzed and then stabilized.
When the video is very shaky, the stabilized version is stable but overall sometimes loses a bit of clarity, which might be expected due to missing raw video data required to do perfect correction (but I'm no expert).

I think this tool is well worth the $20.

Corel tech support has been very helpful today, offering a refund, and asking my permission to send my case to the software engineering folks to help troubleshoot the missing video stabilization parameters in NXT2 and NXT2Pro. Hopefully they can figure out what went wrong a provide a fix for folks - these parameters look like they will give users the flexibility and control they need to fix shaky video.

mzettler
  • glenda178 likes this

#26 medina13

medina13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:10 AM

Hi have the same issue. This "upgrade" I purchased "Roxio Creator NX Pro 2" claimed to have this stabilization feature yet it does not. I'm calling them today to get my money back. What a rip off this "Roxio Creator NX Pro 2" is.

As Digital Guru suggested, I could go out and buy better software, that does more, for less money! Heck, even FREE youtube will stabilize your uploaded videos. Roxio Creator NX Pro 2 is a huge disappointment. Even the music tracks that come with are lame and cheesy. Free youtube has a lot better music tracks.

#27 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:23 AM

medina, why did you have a need to post your rant to this thread when the OP solved his problem using the suggestions. In most cases, these rants are dismissed with prejudice.

Laptop - Windows 10

#28 medina13

medina13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

I guess that goes for both of us.

#29 medina13

medina13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

mzettler! thanks for the nice update. I will follow your lead! Glad to hear things worked out for you. Hopefully the work for me in the same manner. thanks again to Dig Guru and mzettler !

#30 Steve76063

Steve76063

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

Curious...I recently 'upgraded' to NXTPro 4 also, and the stabilization still comes up with "There are no settings available for this object".  Has anything been done in the 2 years since this issue was brought up?

ps.  I'm about to drop a line to support too...maybe they have other news?

Edited by Steve76063, 13 June 2016 - 04:05 PM.

#31 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,085 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

Don't hold your breath when dropping a line to support.

NXT 2 is no longer in the "Currently Supported" list. :(

Only NXT 3 and NXT 4.

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users