LAVA LOVER

How To Stop Auto Looping

Question

I'm converting video files to a DVD.

I have created a menu.

I have told Toast to play files continuously, but NOT to use Auto Play.

When the program finishes, how can I make it go back to the menu and NOT to loop??

I've tried very possible option.

PLEASE HELP!

3 answers to this question

Unfortunately, when you click the "Topic Solved" button on the first post, it disappears. Now that we can see your query, hopefully someone will have a solution for you.

Edited by d_deweywright

There isn't a way to stop the continuous play from looping within Toast. You need to modify the .ISO file using MyDVDEdit which is freeware. The process involves choosing Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the burn button in Toast. Then mount the resulting .toast file using the mount image file in the Toast Utilities menu. In the Finder, drag the VIDEO_TS folder from the mounted disc image to the desktop. Now select the VIDEO_TS folder and choose Get Info from the File menu. There you can change the permissions for the VIDEO_TS folder and all items contained in it to Read & Write. At the point you can use MyDVDEdit to modify the .ISO playback instructions. Unfortunately I don't know which instruction stops play at the end of the last title. I suspect you choose the last title and find the instruction there.

When you are done you can burn the VIDEO_TS folder to disc using the DVD-Rom (UDF) setting in the Toast Data window.

• Like 1

Thank you so much Digital Guru.

I suspected that the problem was generic to Toast 11.

I think I'll make life easier on myself & do the authoring in DVD Studio Pro instead.

Thanks again for the prompt solution.