Camoflauge_11B

Livestreaming Problems

Question

So I notice that there are a lot of problems with this and to no surprise there are not a lot of answers on how to fix it. Also a lot of people are not understanding what the main problem is. That pinned topic kinda goes into detail, but doesn't fully explain it in lame mans terms so i'm gonna go into detail about this issue.

jtv and twitch used to be one service and now they are making it 2 different sites. Think of it like jtv and twitch were connected by a bridge. We would go to jtv then cross the bridge over to twitch and this is how we were able to stream. They decided by separating jtv and twitch they blew up this bridge. When you go into the settings on roxio the login has Justin tv log in info, NOT twitch. SO WE ARE GOING TO JTV AND WE ARE STUCK THERE.

Our twitch id's are NOT ALLOWED TO ACCESS JUSTIN TV's site and will NEVER be able to. You actually have to make a brand new account for jtv which does us no good since most of us have a following and we do not want to stream to jtv.

Now I know why the new roxio customers are extremely upset by this and are saying false advertisement. This is actually not true, roxio was able to stream to twitch for a while, I did it for just over a year, jtv and twitch decided to make changes and block the cross over.

IT IS UP TO ROXIO TO FIX THIS!!!!!

So now that it is up to roxio to fix this, WHERE THE EFF IS THE PATCH ALREADY!!!!!

Roxio doesn't feel that enough people are complaining about this in order to do something about, in fact they don't even come onto the forums which is mind blowing to me. Here is why not everyone that is a roxio customer isn't on here blowing up the forums.

1) Twitch streamers that have pro accounts (which is paid for by the user) have been grandfathered in for now. Meaning they are still able to cross over the bridge to twitch. This will not be forever! They will soon if not already have blocked them as well, but to the best of my knowledge they are still able to stream.

2) Not every roxio customer streams so they don't even know there is a problem with the product

3) Not every roxio customer uses roxio to stream, they use it as a capture card and use other programs like xsplit or obs to broadcast, so they don't even know there is a problem either.

Now it's easy to say just use those programs for now, in fact roxio customer services has said this as well, simply mind blowing lmao. Not every person has a rigged up pc where we can run these resource hogs at once. I used to do this with happauge and xsplit, but took a big hit in quality which is why, and others, have bought this product being all in 1. Now my quality improved greatly and I am happy with roxio, until now.

This seems like such an easy fix, roxio needs to contact twitch and say, Hey! SInce this change you have caused major problems with our customers, how do we direct them directly to your site. Twitch says, this is how! Roxio then patches and there we go, we are back in business.

I am sure that people that monitor these forums have some access to the company people and should have been talking to them already, but it doesn't seem this is the case. I hope this posting gets pinned for everyone to see and I hope with me explaining this better that everyone has a better understanding of what has happened and I hope roxio will actually do something about it. I am gonna go above and beyond to contact roxio's higher ups about this, the 1st tier of customer service is the worst I have ever seen and I am glad I never have to deal with them, but I clearly need to find a way to go higher up the ladder for this issue. I will come here and update everything I do.

​​​TRUE STORY!!!!​​​

I contacted the 1st tier and mentioned this problem and they wanted me to pay $25 for them to help me. I said I don't need help personally, me and others are all having the same problem and you can't solve this problem on a case by case basis. But, I am a man of my word, I would be more than happy to pay the money if, and only if, you are able to get me live streaming, if you can't then you don't get paid. I think this was a fair offer, but of course they did not want to spend another second on the phone with me lmao.

Oh and by the way, if you need to contact roxio customer support you need to search online to bypass having to pay. From my experience if are able to find the number and call them they are not too thrilled to talk to you lol.

I find it funny that contacting customer service from this site you are required to pay no matter what lmao. They don't even know if they can help you, but you have to pay to find out.

Roxio, you made a great product, but you have made the worst company in history. A simple patch to fix a problem doesn't seem like it's worth your effort to make your customers happy. You are about to lose a good portion of your customer base. I would imagine that you guys would be working on another product that allows casters to add camera and other visual effects, but who wants to buy another roxio product in the future

• Like 1

Oh and by the way, if you need to contact roxio customer support you need to search online to bypass having to pay. From my experience if are able to find the number and call them they are not too thrilled to talk to you lol.

I find it funny that contacting customer service from this site you are required to pay no matter what lmao. They don't even know if they can help you, but you have to pay to find out.

Roxio, you made a great product, but you have made the worst company in history. A simple patch to fix a problem doesn't seem like it's worth your effort to make your customers happy. You are about to lose a good portion of your customer base. I would imagine that you guys would be working on another product that allows casters to add camera and other visual effects, but who wants to buy another roxio product in the future

Get down from your soap box - this is not Roxio support but strictly a users forum. Nobody from Roxio really monitors this site.

LMAO!!! Calm down before you have a stroke old man. Now why is it that they don't monitor their site. I mean have at least 1 person checking the site out for problems with products. Then they can see that they have a serious issue on hand that needs to be fixed. And why on earth do you have 24k posts if you don't have some kind of direct contact with roxio? Do you like to troll for fun or something? Why has there not been a single response from roxio stating that they are at least trying to work on it?

Think about the new customers that bought this product. They do advertise that you WILL be able to stream to twitch. They spend their money and experience this disaster with no help in sight. How is this fair to them or to any of us at all? Instead of failing at insulting people, maybe you should direct your efforts into trying to help people get this resolved. This way you won't have to listen to people screaming from their soap boxes.

LMAO!!! Calm down before you have a stroke old man. Now why is it that they don't monitor their site. I mean have at least 1 person checking the site out for problems with products. Then they can see that they have a serious issue on hand that needs to be fixed. And why on earth do you have 24k posts if you don't have some kind of direct contact with roxio? Do you like to troll for fun or something? Why has there not been a single response from roxio stating that they are at least trying to work on it?

Think about the new customers that bought this product. They do advertise that you WILL be able to stream to twitch. They spend their money and experience this disaster with no help in sight. How is this fair to them or to any of us at all? Instead of failing at insulting people, maybe you should direct your efforts into trying to help people get this resolved. This way you won't have to listen to people screaming from their soap boxes.

There has not been a single response from Roxio on this board because they do not monitor this board or at least do not make any responses/comments on this board.

There has not been a single response from Roxio on this board because they do not monitor this board or at least do not make any responses/comments on this board.

Some folks don't deserve to get any help, Walt.

Camo, there are a number of folks, who have visited the forums and helped others, for many years. Walt is one of them.

I can understand your frustration, but give the trash talk a rest. No one here can do anything but suggest that Roxio pull their heads.....and fix the problem.

I simply defended myself from uncalled for insults!!!!

And I understand that Walt and yourself come on here to help people and we do appreciate all that you try to do, but it is mind blowing how this company conducts themselves. If you guys don't work for roxio directly then you guys should not get offended if we say bad things about the company. I have a long list of choice words I can say about roxio right now, but you shouldn't take it personally..

Like I am on the verge of reporting roxio to the BBB. I am in no way shape or form this type of person that would go out of my way to do something like this. It feels morally wrong to me, but what else are we supposed to do on this matter. It doesn't take 2 months to patch a product. And I, as well as others, deserve at least something stating that something is going to be done. I understand that they don't come on the forums, but how do we even know what's being done about this or if anything is even being done about this. To, it's just bad business!

I simply defended myself from uncalled for insults!!!!

And I understand that Walt and yourself come on here to help people and we do appreciate all that you try to do, but it is mind blowing how this company conducts themselves. If you guys don't work for roxio directly then you guys should not get offended if we say bad things about the company. I have a long list of choice words I can say about roxio right now, but you shouldn't take it personally..

We don't work for Roxio.

So I notice that there are a lot of problems with this and to no surprise there are not a lot of answers on how to fix it. Also a lot of people are not understanding what the main problem is. That pinned topic kinda goes into detail, but doesn't fully explain it in lame mans terms so i'm gonna go into detail about this issue.

jtv and twitch used to be one service and now they are making it 2 different sites. Think of it like jtv and twitch were connected by a bridge. We would go to jtv then cross the bridge over to twitch and this is how we were able to stream. They decided by separating jtv and twitch they blew up this bridge. When you go into the settings on roxio the login has Justin tv log in info, NOT twitch. SO WE ARE GOING TO JTV AND WE ARE STUCK THERE.

Our twitch id's are NOT ALLOWED TO ACCESS JUSTIN TV's site and will NEVER be able to. You actually have to make a brand new account for jtv which does us no good since most of us have a following and we do not want to stream to jtv.

Now I know why the new roxio customers are extremely upset by this and are saying false advertisement. This is actually not true, roxio was able to stream to twitch for a while, I did it for just over a year, jtv and twitch decided to make changes and block the cross over.

IT IS UP TO ROXIO TO FIX THIS!!!!!

So now that it is up to roxio to fix this, WHERE THE EFF IS THE PATCH ALREADY!!!!!

Roxio doesn't feel that enough people are complaining about this in order to do something about, in fact they don't even come onto the forums which is mind blowing to me. Here is why not everyone that is a roxio customer isn't on here blowing up the forums.

1) Twitch streamers that have pro accounts (which is paid for by the user) have been grandfathered in for now. Meaning they are still able to cross over the bridge to twitch. This will not be forever! They will soon if not already have blocked them as well, but to the best of my knowledge they are still able to stream.

2) Not every roxio customer streams so they don't even know there is a problem with the product

3) Not every roxio customer uses roxio to stream, they use it as a capture card and use other programs like xsplit or obs to broadcast, so they don't even know there is a problem either.

Now it's easy to say just use those programs for now, in fact roxio customer services has said this as well, simply mind blowing lmao. Not every person has a rigged up pc where we can run these resource hogs at once. I used to do this with happauge and xsplit, but took a big hit in quality which is why, and others, have bought this product being all in 1. Now my quality improved greatly and I am happy with roxio, until now.

This seems like such an easy fix, roxio needs to contact twitch and say, Hey! SInce this change you have caused major problems with our customers, how do we direct them directly to your site. Twitch says, this is how! Roxio then patches and there we go, we are back in business.

I am sure that people that monitor these forums have some access to the company people and should have been talking to them already, but it doesn't seem this is the case. I hope this posting gets pinned for everyone to see and I hope with me explaining this better that everyone has a better understanding of what has happened and I hope roxio will actually do something about it. I am gonna go above and beyond to contact roxio's higher ups about this, the 1st tier of customer service is the worst I have ever seen and I am glad I never have to deal with them, but I clearly need to find a way to go higher up the ladder for this issue. I will come here and update everything I do.

​​​TRUE STORY!!!!​​​

I contacted the 1st tier and mentioned this problem and they wanted me to pay $25 for them to help me. I said I don't need help personally, me and others are all having the same problem and you can't solve this problem on a case by case basis. But, I am a man of my word, I would be more than happy to pay the money if, and only if, you are able to get me live streaming, if you can't then you don't get paid. I think this was a fair offer, but of course they did not want to spend another second on the phone with me lmao.

Watch out mate, I had a moderator suspend me for making a similar post (after accusing myself of telling lies about this problem, and then lying himself, before deleting the offending posts. It was quite hypocritical to say the least). These are the "support" forums for Roxio products (according to several links on their website), however according to the mods it is a users forum. That means most of the mods have never used this card before, but have used many other Roxio products over the years, and right now are caught between a rock and a hard place with all our complaints since we have been directed here.

I went via the support route with a spare CD key I had, and they said to use OBS, which is a true croc of **** for the same reasons you stated, plus using OBS does not work with all graphics cards (some just show a blank screen or a test pattern of colour bars).

However after continual posts on their Facebook page and Twitter they have finally acknowledged the problem. They have said they are liaising with Twitch, however I have tweeted Twitch Support to see if that is actually the case. Either way, this seems to be getting resolved finally (after a little persistent posting by myself on their social media accounts), but at the same time I would advise you to get in touch with them via social media and keep up the pressure, as until there is confirmation that a patch has been made or that they have contacted Twitch then they could just be saying that to fob us off, after all it took multiple messages and posts from myself for them to stop ignoring the problem.

Edited by Xenobia144

I know what you mean, if you go to the support tab and then go to support forums it directs you to here. Very easy to understand why everyone thinks our voices should be heard on these forums, but this is not the case. I have NEVER dealt with a company website with absolutely no support from the company, but this is the way the have it set up. Even though you went to social media sites, I still don't feel confident in knowing something is going to be done about this.

I went to the BBB site and I was very happy to find out that there is a section just for vets. This country doesn't like it when companies eff over vets lol. So I was in the process of doing my complaint and saw a number for roxio's headquarters. I did not file the complaint YET because like I said I am not this type of person. So I will be calling them shortly and I will come back on here to update the conversation.

I know filing a complaint with the BBB seems drastic, but we, as consumers need this type of a mediator seeing how there's not much we can do on the forums. I will keep ya posted

No you won't - once you take that step you can no longer post here, regarding that action...

Oh and just so you don't feel alone GPB and myself are also combat veterans -_-

I called the headquarters number and I don't think it's an active number, SHOCKER lmao....

Like I said I am not that type of person to do something like that and I haven't, but let me ask you something. How else can we can the message across to them without having to spend money. Obviously we need some form of a mediator to help us on this. Who else can help us, I am very open for suggestions.

So the best way that I can see to contact roxio is by facebook or twitter. I went to facebook and posted on their page, but haven't heard anything yet.

So far their best answer is we will contact twitch and figure it out, but there hasn't been an update to that posting since about a week and a half ago which is still not acceptable in my books. At least they are aware that a problem exists.

Please don't misunderstand, I know that there is an issue with this and I agree 111% that it should be FIXED!

Likewise my contact with Roxio Support indicates that they too would love to get it fixed...

But it is Engineering/Programming that is the one to fix it and it appears to me that no one there has been authorized to work on it :huh:

So anything that will get Roxio's Management to move forward on this is the way to go! Since Corel holds the 'deed' of Roxio it would help to make complaints there as well ^_^

If you go with BBB, which is fine, it might help too! Just use the Messaging system here to keep us abreast rather than within the open forums.

Thank You Jim for this type of response. This is the kind of responses that are expected and I am very happy for this. And I noticed that, is Corel taking over Roxio? Well I will try Corel as well to see how soon we can get this fixed. Everyone here keep up the good work and hopefully all of us can get back to streaming and stop creating countless threads lol.

Thank You Jim for this type of response. This is the kind of responses that are expected and I am very happy for this. And I noticed that, is Corel taking over Roxio? Well I will try Corel as well to see how soon we can get this fixed. Everyone here keep up the good work and hopefully all of us can get back to streaming and stop creating countless threads lol.

Corel acquired Roxio 2 years ago, this month. Roxio hasn't been the same since.

That is sad to hear

Well, besides Excel and Word, I have used Quattro Pro, since it was a Borland software, then Novel software, and it has been a Corel software for probably 18 - 19 years. Along with Quattro Pro, Corel also acquired Word Perfect. Corel is excellent software, in this case, and other Corel products that I don't have the need for. I can only surmise why they bought out Roxio. I will say no more, except I do hope they get this problem squared away.

Is it honestly that hard to get a team working on a small patch? Judging by the looks of things, work hasn't been done for Roxio Game Cap's in quite some time ...

Is it honestly that hard to get a team working on a small patch? Judging by the looks of things, work hasn't been done for Roxio Game Cap's in quite some time ...

You would have to ask them.

You would have to ask them.

Why should I have to ask for something that should be done automatically? Roxio's obviously slacking and leaving their community in the cold. Why is this even an argument, can't somebody from Roxio just do something about it?

Why should I have to ask for something that should be done automatically? Roxio's obviously slacking and leaving their community in the cold. Why is this even an argument, can't somebody from Roxio just do something about it?

Well, you took the time to come here and p-iss and moan about your problem, didn't you? You ask rhetorical questions. Roxio is he only one who can answer them, but then, I think that you knew that.