Funnyman1120

Videowave Losing Quality

Question

So it appears I loose quality from the raw video to putting it into Videowave. I've tried to google and searching around for a solution but I don't see anything.

So when I record (Anything, using Video capture for the Xbox, or something I recorded with fraps) I put it into Videowave and I seem to lose some quality. I play the raw video in Windows media player and it's at a decent quality, but when I put it into video wave everything is a little more blurry and hard to make out. Some text is blurry, and you can't see some details. I also put the video(s) into Camtasia Studio 8 and the quality was as good as the raw video, so it seems to be a Videowave problem.

Is there anyway to fix this? A setting? Something? If you need an example I can put a couple videos, one raw and one from videowave.

24 answers to this question

So it appears I loose quality from the raw video to putting it into Videowave. I've tried to google and searching around for a solution but I don't see anything.

So when I record (Anything, using Video capture for the Xbox, or something I recorded with fraps) I put it into Videowave and I seem to lose some quality. I play the raw video in Windows media player and it's at a decent quality, but when I put it into video wave everything is a little more blurry and hard to make out. Some text is blurry, and you can't see some details. I also put the video(s) into Camtasia Studio 8 and the quality was as good as the raw video, so it seems to be a Videowave problem.

Is there anyway to fix this? A setting? Something? If you need an example I can put a couple videos, one raw and one from videowave.

You will have to explain what you mean by "putting into Videowave"? At what point is it blurry? While playing in Videowave or after you have exported it? If output from Videowave then what format are you using for your output?

You have a Roxio Capture Device why are wasting time with FRAPS? :huh:

(I have it too and it actually outputs less quality - in my observation)

YOU are the one changing the quality!

Most likely you failed to start a new Project in VidoeWave as a Widescreen (16:9)...

Unless you do, you will be limited to SD outputs -_-

You will have to explain what you mean by "putting into Videowave"? At what point is it blurry? While playing in Videowave or after you have exported it? If output from Videowave then what format are you using for your output?

When I said Put into videowave I just meant importing the raw video file into the editor. And no I wasn't talking about Exporting, thought normally I use DivX HD 1080p@30fps

You have a Roxio Capture Device why are wasting time with FRAPS? :huh:

(I have it too and it actually outputs less quality - in my observation)

YOU are the one changing the quality!

Most likely you failed to start a new Project in VidoeWave as a Widescreen (16:9)...

Unless you do, you will be limited to SD outputs -_-

I haven't set up or looked how to record video from my computer using Roxio yet. I have an odd setup to use Roxio for my computer at the moment, so any PC I just use fraps because I'm not recording any intensive HD games on the computer most the time.

I'm mainly talking about video from GTA Online, Assassin's Creed, etc. from my Xbox 360. Also, I always use Widescreen.

... Also, I always use Widescreen.

That is what the GameCAP is Made to do :huh: Suite yourself of course ;)

Explain what that means in relation to the specific instructions I gave you?

While we are at it, WHAT is the Output Quality you are choosing with Export As?

That is what the GameCAP is Made to do :huh: Suite yourself of course ;)

Explain what that means in relation to the specific instructions I gave you?

While we are at it, WHAT is the Output Quality you are choosing with Export As?

GameCAP? sorry I've only very recently started using Roxio. When I enter Videowave, it says to choose my format or whatever, so I choose 'Widescreen (16:9)' and enter. Its not a huge difference, but I can clearly see it's slight blurry compared to the raw video. When I output, I use DivX HD 1080p@30fps, I don't know if there's a better one to use then that?

GameCAP? sorry I've only very recently started using Roxio. When I enter Videowave, it says to choose my format or whatever, so I choose 'Widescreen (16:9)' and enter. Its not a huge difference, but I can clearly see it's slight blurry compared to the raw video. When I output, I use DivX HD 1080p@30fps, I don't know if there's a better one to use then that?

Have you actually output and then compared to the original?

What are the properties of your captured video?

Have you actually output and then compared to the original?

What are the properties of your captured video?

Yes, with the same results.

Properties of the original raw video? Or of the new edited video?

Raw:

.avi file

Data rate: 28780kbps

Total Bitrate: 30316kbps

Frame rate: 29 frames/seconds

Edited:

.avi file

Data rate: 9620kbps

Total bitrate: 9748kbps

Frame rate: 30 frames/seconds

The Preview Window in VideoWave is reduced quality.

Outputting to DivX is giving you a highly compressed file. Compression is never FREE! The price is Quality ;)

You should be using an MTS file from fraps, 1920 X 1080 - 30 fps.

Then use Same As for your VW Export.

The Preview Window in VideoWave is reduced quality.

Outputting to DivX is giving you a highly compressed file. Compression is never FREE! The price is Quality ;)

You should be using an MTS file from fraps, 1920 X 1080 - 30 fps.

Then use Same As for your VW Export.

MTS file? What is that? Is there a better preset to use for the output? Or would it be better to customize an output?

Yes it is an AVI - haven't used it much since I got the RGC last year ;)

MP4 should do the trick try this or Blu-Ray HQ:

post-39730-0-24636100-1392676645_thumb.jpg

Yes it is an AVI - haven't used it much since I got the RGC last year ;)

MP4 should do the trick try this or Blu-Ray HQ:

post-39730-0-24636100-1392676645_thumb.jpg

Sorry it took so long to reply. But I don't have those as export options? I have AVC better quality, and I don't even have blue-ray.

Then you did not set VW to Widescreen (16:9) BEFORE you started ;)

It can't be changed after you add video, it relies on us "knowing what we are doing" :lol:

Start a new project:

Set to Widescreen

Add your AVI

Click Export As

Now what do you see ;)

Then you did not set VW to Widescreen (16:9) BEFORE you started ;)

It can't be changed after you add video, it relies on us "knowing what we are doing" :lol:

Start a new project:

Set to Widescreen

Add your AVI

Click Export As

Now what do you see ;)

Alright, That's normally what I do. I will tell ya what I do exactly. I open Roxio, hit 'Edit and share'

Then It gives me A few options. One that says 'Create a new production:' With a dropdown box that says widescreen and normal. I choose widescreen. (To the right of that option it says more settings, and below has saved projects). I go and import my video. Go to export, and thats not a option.

Alright, That's normally what I do. I will tell ya what I do exactly. I open Roxio, hit 'Edit and share'

Then It gives me A few options. One that says 'Create a new production:' With a dropdown box that says widescreen and normal. I choose widescreen. (To the right of that option it says more settings, and below has saved projects). I go and import my video. Go to export, and thats not a option.

I KNOW what the screens look like but WHAT are you DOING???

Better yet, just follow the insturection I listed, EXACTLY as I listed and then what happens?

A screen cap would tell us a lot more.

Also, if you right click the clip in VW it will tell you everything you need to know about your Project settings as well as your clip -_-

post-39730-0-13732500-1392898084_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I KNOW what the screens look like but WHAT are you DOING???

Better yet, just follow the insturection I listed, EXACTLY as I listed and then what happens?

A screen cap would tell us a lot more.

Also, if you right click the clip in VW it will tell you everything you need to know about your Project settings as well as your clip -_-

post-39730-0-13732500-1392898084_thumb.jpg

How do you add a screen cap? Couldnt see how. Also your editor seems to look slightly different then mine.

Also I followed your instructions and it was the same. Also when I go to aspect ratio handling, my Source ratio is 848:840, production ratio is 16:9

Never heard of 848:840 :huh:

Not to worry - try right click on your clip and insert a Blank Panel. Place it BEFORE any clip in your Project...

Then do you get the options I showed in Post #12???

Yes the pic I used in Post #16 came from the VideoWave Editor inclided in one of the Creator Suites. Still works the same though ;)

Posting a Screen Cap is really easy after you know how :lol: Info is HERE

Never heard of 848:840 :huh:

Not to worry - try right click on your clip and insert a Blank Panel. Place it BEFORE any clip in your Project...

Then do you get the options I showed in Post #12???

Yes the pic I used in Post #16 came from the VideoWave Editor inclided in one of the Creator Suites. Still works the same though ;)

Posting a Screen Cap is really easy after you know how :lol: Info is HERE

Alright so theres the first screen of when I open it.

post-117587-0-26465100-1393296653_thumb.png

Lemme try to do what you say and ill try again.

And it didn't work. Do I not have a current version? I've gone to update and it tells me there are no updates available. Is there somewhere (like a plugin) to download quality types?

post-117587-0-20652200-1393296809_thumb.png

Do you even have the "Roxio GameCAP PRO HD"???

Your interface looks more like the one that comes with a different gaming capture program and hardware :huh:

Do you even have the "Roxio GameCAP PRO HD"???

Your interface looks more like the one that comes with a different gaming capture program and hardware :huh:

I thought I said I didn't? I have the standard, not the PRO HD,

I thought I said I didn't? I have the standard, not the PRO HD,

Wish you had mentioned that at the beginning or at least posted in the right Forum :huh:

c

The version you have is for SD, that is all you can do with it... You can have 4:3 as well as 16:9 in Standard Def but it will not capture or output in HD -_-

And it was OK just to have the Blank Panel in the Timeline, I suggested it be added before an existing clip - but it works just as intended the way you did it, I tried it :lol:

Wish you had mentioned that at the beginning or at least posted in the right Forum :huh:

c

The version you have is for SD, that is all you can do with it... You can have 4:3 as well as 16:9 in Standard Def but it will not capture or output in HD -_-

And it was OK just to have the Blank Panel in the Timeline, I suggested it be added before an existing clip - but it works just as intended the way you did it, I tried it :lol:

I thought this was the right fourm, and that's kinda annoying.

I thought this was the right fourm, and that's kinda annoying.

Don't get annoyed. You aren't the first person who has posted in the wrong forum.