• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Rietman5

Can't Figure This Out! Solutions?

Question

I hooked up all the proper cord to my GameCap and my PS3. But I still can't figure out why I cannot get it to work. Please Help...

Here's a screenshot

post-118128-0-94686800-1393720178_thumb.png

23 answers to this question

That is correct but probably the first order of business is to fix your RGC Install :huh:

The Green 'No Signal' tells me that you didn't install the software right and need to do a repair.

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

I did the repair and reboot, still no fix. How would you turn off registry cleaner? I didn't know how to turn that one off. Should RGC show up in my device manager if it worked?

Then you did not "Do the Repair" as you skipped part of it :wacko:

After the last reboot, Yes, the RGC should show 1 entrie in the Device Manager (only if it is plugged in of course)

post-39730-0-12849500-1394019102_thumb.jpg

If yo uhave a Reg Cleaner it is likely within your AV Software but there are a few that are stand alone.

Turned of Firewall, unplugged RGC, put disk in, clicked 'check updates', clicked on 'Repair', when finished I turn FIrewall back on then rebooted. I know I have to be messing up somewhere. :mellow:

post-118128-0-54844800-1394023978_thumb.png

With the Roxio Game Capture USB plugged in take a screen cap of device manager with sound video and game controllers and other devices if it shows expanded.

Expand the non plug and play drivers and post a screen cap. Remember with the Roxio USB Device plugged in.

Here. and It was plugged in. It doesn't so that little installing notification in the bottom right like if you were to plug in a mouse or something.

post-118128-0-65550100-1394050153_thumb.png

Do you have a 32bit operating system or a 64bit operating system? Click my computer and click properties and it should tell you under system unless your running XP?

Copy the contents of the disc to a folder you make on your desktop. Open the folder and choose 32bit or 64bit what you have. Then double click to open the folder and click the .msi, it launches the driver install. Make sure your anti-virus is turned off before running and the Roxio USB Device is unplugged.

post-97-0-41444000-1394053517_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-00294800-1394053518_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-42914300-1394053516_thumb.jpg

It says I have a 64 bit. and after clicking on that install would I hit Modify or Repair?

You've followed the instructions above to the 'T'? And you get Repair or Modify?

Run repair some how it's detecting the Roxio install or a driver.

Yes. it started to do stuff then when it was finished, I couldn't really tell the difference

You plug in the USB Device and look for the driver under sound video and game controllers!

I still get nothing showing up in my devices. Is there a way to download a separate driver file?

It's the same 64 bit driver from my disc!

Edited by cdanteek