Sign in to follow this  
dewbz

Roxio Crashes On Opening Of Options And Record (Anything That Makes It Load)

Question

Recently i had a problem where i would get a green "No Signal" sign and i just fixed it with the whole "uninstall transcoder thing" with the anti virus and protection stuff off,

now when i get into the roxio game recording software, it doesn't let me open the options with out crashing, and then i figured i can set it to Component by adjusting the "quality" slider, but the more high the slider is, the more low quality, glitchy, preview i get. Now that i got it to component i try to press record and then it leads to crashing. I got the roxio HD gamecap a couple months ago (4-7 months ago can't remember) and i had a period of time where i haven't used it in a while, now that i got back to it it doesn't work.

i need assistance!

12 answers to this question

FIRST thing would be another proper repair to see if it is the install:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

IF that does not improve matters, post back with your specs, setup, etc. ;)

the install does not let me use the repair option, it just asks if i want to delete the iles and plugins i have now and re-install

okay, the installation not showing me the option to repair fixed it self and i think i got it working

windows vista core 2 quad cpu Q9400 2.66 GHz

nvidia geforce gtx 650

4 gb of ram

64-bit

my ps3 is hooked up with component cables to the roxio game cap hd

but when i woke up today and looked at it again the roxio crash problem stopped, BUT now i get nothing but no signal no matter what and if my roxio game cap software is open for around 4-7 minutes my computer all together just crashes

Vista requires SP2 - but you probably do already have that one...

Very important, What Color is the 'No Signal'???

I am concerned with the on and off problems you are having. We can troubleshoot but computers are One's and Zero's! They either work or they don't! Makes me think you are way overdue for a Format C:\ ;)

"Format C:\" of course is total wipe out of the Hard Disk putting you ground zero :lol:

The RED 'No Signal' indicates that the software is working as well as the Device but you do not have a valid signal going into the RGC Device :huh:

Make sure the settings for your PS3 are set Component Output and not left to Auto Sense or something like that (don't have one)

You can try another Source like a DVD or BD Player, anything with Component output OR even HDMI, just to confirm signal is getting through ;)

does this mean my ps3 or cables can be messed up? cause i get perfect video from my ps3 to my tv with AND without my roxio hooked up