Question

been using creator 2010 and have made at least 100 videos.On my last attempt as i attemped to add videos,20 in total, Roxio kept hanging up.I worekd on it 90 miniutes ans was only able to load 7 videos--they are less than 30 econds in duration and are MTS files made from a Lumix zs 20 ,identical to what i last did.Ive got a custom very powerful PC with XP,Service Pack 2,IE8,WMP 9. Tried using Cinemagic too,got all the MTS files in the pane,went to save it and it only saved 7--and locked up. Figure program may be corrupted somehow but cant find the oroignal program discs--i do have th code for it though..any thought would e appreciated.I tried loading even 1 at a time, but nothing

Edited by bobbstripower

6 answers to this question

i posted several days ago about my hangup issue--it virtually made Roxio/Videowave imoperable.So being an engineer,but not a serious computer guy, ithought lets try Cinemagic,which ive never tried before,i always use Videowave for way over a 100 videos.Im running XP, IE 8 and WMP 9.Well this time i was able to make a video using Cinemagic pretty easily--no hangups--and it burne qucilkly as usual.Only issue is Cinemagic doesnt use the native sound track--so no voices et alIt also truncates the actualvideo.So 2 questions,is there an option to have Cinemagic use the native trackand actualvideo footageor for me to add it==2nd,and more importantly, since Roxio Cinemagic worked well, do yuo guys think just Videowave got corrupted and if i reload Roxioi would help.Videowave worked well last weekend,and i havent added and sofware--ive run antivirus and defragged, still no change to the hangups Any help would be appreciated thanks

Edited by bobbstripower

1) No way top add sound track to the original videos; it is not designed that way.

2) Stll can't find the discs? but have the information about buying it? Go here to find help. Assuming that you have a Windows Restore point try that or restore from you system back up (you have that don;t you?)

thanks alot--after much seacrhing i found the HOORAH!!---went to settings,and saw a repair option--popped in the disc,and after 20minutes it was allloaded---went itno Roxio and videowave is now working fine. But I am wondering why this happened--i read somewhere here that some registry cleaners may corrupt roxio--i use avg to scan and clean,defrag etc--but ive used it for years..I have used Hitman Prorecently to find a bothrsome virus/malware--ive now removed it,maybe that wasit.thanks for the rponse bob

thanks alot--after much seacrhing i found the HOORAH!!---went to settings,and saw a repair option--popped in the disc,and after 20minutes it was allloaded---went itno Roxio and videowave is now working fine. But I am wondering why this happened--i read somewhere here that some registry cleaners may corrupt roxio--i use avg to scan and clean,defrag etc--but ive used it for years..I have used Hitman Prorecently to find a bothrsome virus/malware--ive now removed it,maybe that wasit.thanks for the rponse bob

In many cases registry cleaners create more problems then they solve.

I'll sure agree with that myguggi !!! I wouldn't use a registry cleaner no matter what was wrong !!!

As myguggi suggested, they usually cause more harm than good !!

the hangups are hapening again tried the repair option and it didnt help. Couple things id like input on--rather than just repair should I unistall and install 2010 again--not sure what affect that would have on any proejcts,including one imworking on.. allso,I replaced my Lumix 7 witrh DSZ20--- there are several formats for recording and Ive been using a progressive video format they call PSH which is an AVCHD format 1920/1080--- the non progressive i was using was FSH format.Ive made several video DVDs using the PSH but now Im wondering if that might be an issue.--Thanks for input bob