therealone

Burned A Blu-Ray Iso Created With Dvd Maker And Bluray/hd Plugin But Movie Will Not Play On An Updated Samsung Bd Player On Tv

Question

Burned a Blu-ray iso created with DVD Maker and Bluray/HD plugin but movie will not play on an updated samsung BD player on TV. What am I doing wrong here? The blu-ray is a typical 25GB BD-R and I added a 720p MP4 video that was supposedly re-encoded to the format recognizable for Blu-ray discs, and yet, the ISO burned BD-R plays back on the PC Bluray with a tiny aspect ratio centered in the screen rather than nice full hd display and on the samsung Blu-ray player, the disc just sits their loading and will not play at all.. what is the problem here?

13 answers to this question

Anybody? Really? No one can answer this. How about a refund then. I bought the blu-ray HD video plugin to make Blu-ray movies on my PC and they are so far completely useless... there's no configuration options in creating a blu-ray disc with the HD videos I have... 1080p 720p MP4, MKV etc.. it just says create disc or image and when I do and burn it, the disc is clearly not compatible with a very decent and newer BD player from Samsung that has support for BD-R AVC playback so what is the problem Roxio? There doesn't seem to be any options regarding how the video is displayed in it's aspect ratio IE. Fit to screen, full screen, fill screen, letterbox etc.. I'm asking as I don't really know that I paid for anything here if Roxio's software can't even fit an HD movie correctly to be displayed just like most blu-ray movies do on 16x9 HD TV's today. Instead I get a movie shrunk to fit in the center of the screen which is worse than letterboxed. So I'm hoping someone can tell me there is a way to make/encode an HD movie to play correctly on a burned blu-ray disc like the store bought movies do or close to it as that was what is implied in the advertising.

Thi is a users group with n real connections to Roxio/Corel. It is not twitter, facebook, etc. Questions will be answered if one of the posters has an answer.

Contact Roxio/Corel for a refund ; you have 30 days. Go to the top of this page and select support, home and select the option you need.

Look on the disc; tell us what folders are on it. It sounds like you copied the ISO rather than burning the ISO from the option on the Home page.

This is not a "Roxio Support" but rather a Forum composed of fellow users... So your attitude is not appreciated.

If it plays on your PC then the "fault" is your Player or more likely your Media!

When it comes to Media, unless it says Verbatim (Singapore) or Taiyo Yuden (JVC), don't bother to bring it home.

There are other possibilities and since you posts indicate you have very little experience with burning, we should explore that a little as well -_-

If you look at your disc in Explorer, it should have this structure:

post-39730-0-59964700-1396007405_thumb.jpg

Aspect Ratios:

You have to START with a 16:9 Project or they will never happen...

Likewise you MUST have a true 16:9 Source...

You can NEVER change a non-16:9 into a true 16:9
;)

Try that and see what happens. If you still have issues, post DETAILs of the actual Application in the Roxio Suite you are using as well as the Settings. A picture or 2 might help as well, posting info, HERE.

This is not a "Roxio Support" but rather a Forum composed of fellow users... So your attitude is not appreciated.

If it plays on your PC then the "fault" is your Player or more likely your Media!

When it comes to Media, unless it says Verbatim (Singapore) or Taiyo Yuden (JVC), don't bother to bring it home.

There are other possibilities and since you posts indicate you have very little experience with burning, we should explore that a little as well -_-

If you look at your disc in Explorer, it should have this structure:

post-39730-0-59964700-1396007405_thumb.jpg

Aspect Ratios:

You have to START with a 16:9 Project or they will never happen...

Likewise you MUST have a true 16:9 Source...

You can NEVER change a non-16:9 into a true 16:9
;)

Try that and see what happens. If you still have issues, post DETAILs of the actual Application in the Roxio Suite you are using as well as the Settings. A picture or 2 might help as well, posting info, HERE.

I'll post some details. Got it on the non support. don't need it rubbed in. I'm no novice by the way, I have used a multitude of burning software for dvds and blurays and am doing this to help someone using roxio, which apparently has VERY limited bluray burning options. I will post what I see on the disc that was burned, however I know the ISO was burned correctly. I'm likely just going to try to get a refund for the person using the software, as it clearly has issues in that it has limited options compared to other more robust blu-ray burning authoring software out there. I thought it would be good for someone to use due to some of its simplicity, but simplicity is apparently not a good thing when creating blu-ray movie discs.

I'll post some details. Got it on the non support. don't need it rubbed in. I'm no novice by the way, I have used a multitude of burning software for dvds and blurays and am doing this to help someone using roxio, which apparently has VERY limited bluray burning options. I will post what I see on the disc that was burned, however I know the ISO was burned correctly. I'm likely just going to try to get a refund for the person using the software, as it clearly has issues in that it has limited options compared to other more robust blu-ray burning authoring software out there. I thought it would be good for someone to use due to some of its simplicity, but simplicity is apparently not a good thing when creating blu-ray movie discs.

What blue-ray burning options are you talking about? In what software do you find those options?

Fit-to-screen, file screen, etc are options on your HD TV.

What blue-ray burning options are you talking about? In what software do you find those options?

Fit-to-screen, file screen, etc are options on your HD TV.

Yes I know that, these are other bluray disc creation authoring options on other more advanced blu-ray burning software and ones that are apparently necessary as when I created a bluray with a 720p bluray movie on the best quality available, Roxio software actually shrunk the movie down and stuck it in the middle of the screen upon PC playback. TV playback via a samsung BD player wasn't even possible. So I'm not sure what Roxio is actually doing when it encodes video to fit properly on a bluray disc for playback but something is not right in what it is doing here.

screenshot of the disc's layout as soon as I can here.

Not sure how to upload an image here, but don't need to. I can confirm that the structure on the disc I burned looks like the file structure above posted by Jim. Exact same files, folders and structures. So I guess I'm just confused on how roxio could take a perfectly fine 720P HD video file and not be able to fit it correctly on a bluray for tv playback and the samsung player is a really nice one capable of playing back tons of media types.

You don't know what you are doing - at least wtih this software...

Go back and follow my instructions and it will work.

Odd that you have not mastered it in the 9 months you have had it :huh:

At least that was when you posted similar rants about it but never came back.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

You don't know what you are doing - at least wtih this software...

Go back and follow my instructions and it will work.

Odd that you have not mastered it in the 9 months you have had it :huh:

At least that was when you posted similar rants about it but never came back.

yeah yeah, research me, think you know me, blah blah blah... I DO KNOW what I'm doing. This is not about the basic software from 9 months ago... this is about the blu-ray plugin which is so basic it can't even compete with the likes of cyberlink media suite, or Sony Vegas Pro. and even a basic burn program like Leawo Total Media Converter (BluRay Burner) Sony DVD Architect. All I do know is that Roxio My DVD could make great basic DVD's out of whatever video I threw at it... The Roxio Bluray maker? Not working at all for basic use... so I will return it.

Edited by therealone

Not sure how to upload an image here, but don't need to. I can confirm that the structure on the disc I burned looks like the file structure above posted by Jim. Exact same files, folders and structures. So I guess I'm just confused on how roxio could take a perfectly fine 720P HD video file and not be able to fit it correctly on a bluray for tv playback and the samsung player is a really nice one capable of playing back tons of media types.

Just "burned" a BlueRay iso file (I don't have a BlueRay burner and player) and played it using the VLC player on my computer. Works perfectly at full screen, ie if you don't get this then you are not doing it correctly (even if you have a lot more techincal skills then Jim has in his pinky finger)

With your attitude, forget about getting any help.

Edited by myguggi

Just "burned" a BlueRay iso file (I don't have a BlueRay burner and player) and played it using the VLC player on my computer. Works perfectly at full screen, ie if you don't get this then you are not doing it correctly (even if you have a lot more techincal skills then Jim has in his pinky finger)

With your attitude, forget about getting any help.

If you didn't notice I edited that out. I give attitude when I get it but no worries, I can see that there is no solution to this that you folks can help me with. I'm guessing that Roxio Bluray maker does do well with some videos.. but unfortunately I need it to do well with any video. I've done the same thing you did with VLC media player.. it opens alright and it is 16x9 but the quality is way too reduced and the 16x9 frame of the video is condensed to the middle of the screen so that there is a large black square ALL the way around it so worse than even letterboxed. Not sure why it's doin it, but I don't really care, I've already found a better software solution that can handle all video files in it's encoding to bluray.

If you didn't notice I edited that out. I give attitude when I get it but no worries, I can see that there is no solution to this that you folks can help me with. I'm guessing that Roxio Bluray maker does do well with some videos.. but unfortunately I need it to do well with any video. I've done the same thing you did with VLC media player.. it opens alright and it is 16x9 but the quality is way too reduced and the 16x9 frame of the video is condensed to the middle of the screen so that there is a large black square ALL the way around it so worse than even letterboxed. Not sure why it's doin it, but I don't really care, I've already found a better software solution that can handle all video files in it's encoding to bluray.

Peace to you also.

I get no reduction in quality, I get the full 16x9 screen display, there is no black square all around, etc. You are doing it wrong but then you think you have something better.