joemski

Create Dvd From Video Files On Pc

Question

I have Creator NXT ver. 14.0.36.0; 5.0.0.0 and want to take some of the videos (mp4, wmv, avi, mov, etc.) that I have stored on my Windows 8.1 PC and transfer them to a DVD for playback on standard DVD players. I'd like to index them so that each can be selected at random via the player's remote. Can my NXT do this?

I assumed so, but immediately found that I don't know how to "capture video" from my PC.

Any beginning (or ending) help would be appreciated.

Joe

2 answers to this question

I have Creator NXT ver. 14.0.36.0; 5.0.0.0 and want to take some of the videos (mp4, wmv, avi, mov, etc.) that I have stored on my Windows 8.1 PC and transfer them to a DVD for playback on standard DVD players. I'd like to index them so that each can be selected at random via the player's remote. Can my NXT do this?

I assumed so, but immediately found that I don't know how to "capture video" from my PC.

Any beginning (or ending) help would be appreciated.

Joe

Of course NXT can do this, it is one of the main tasks of the program

I don't know exactly what you mean by "index them" but assume you want to have some sort of menu on the DVD to be able to select the titles.

First of all, if you have the videos on your computer then there is nothing to capture. Simply launch myDVD (Create DVDs) and then add each video clip as a title. A menu structure will be created for you automatically. You can edit that menu if you don't like the title names. Then burn to a DVD.

You should know that a standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of video at the best quality setting; any longer and the video has to be compressed more and you lose quality.

• Like 1