Lachdanan

Videowave Crashes When I Try To Add A Photo/video

Question

Whenever I open up VideoWave and click Add Photo/Video, after a few seconds the program freezes and I get the following message:

videoWave has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

"VideoWave has stopped working

A problem caused the prgram to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I tried unistalling and reinstalling the program, but no success. I've got windows 7 64, and I recently upgraded from Roxio Creator 2012, which I never had any problems with.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'll try and get a refund. Thanks

4 answers to this question

Have you just tried to do a "Repair" of the NXT2 ? And did you leave the C2012 installed on the computer when you tried to install NXT2 ? If that was done, the NXT2 installation would have removed the C2012 as they can't exist together on the same computer.

I have the digital download so there's no repair option. Also, I did first unistall 2012 before installing NXT Pro 2.

I also tried unistalling and reinstalling NXT Pro 2 but still no joy. Any other suggestions?

I have the digital download so there's no repair option. Also, I did first unistall 2012 before installing NXT Pro 2.

I also tried unistalling and reinstalling NXT Pro 2 but still no joy. Any other suggestions?

Go here, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features

Double click the Roxio entry NXT 2 and a Setup Window box should appear, click next, and the repair or uninstall option should show.

How did you not see it if you uninstalled the program?

Whenever I open up VideoWave and click Add Photo/Video, after a few seconds the program freezes and I get the following message:

videoWave has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

"VideoWave has stopped working

A problem caused the prgram to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I tried unistalling and reinstalling the program, but no success. I've got windows 7 64, and I recently upgraded from Roxio Creator 2012, which I never had any problems with.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'll try and get a refund. Thanks

Sir, I have been plagued with this problem in recent days with an older version of VideoWave, I've been using Roxio Creator for several years and have been continually frustrated by random VideoWave crashes. The problem is exacebated by the length of time it takes to save and reload large production chapters (I produce chapters of up to an hour in length). I read your post here because I wondered if the latest version of Creator might cure this problem and was very disappointed to see from your post that VideoWave's failure to work properly hadn't been cured. However, reading some other threads on this forum brought up something I hadn't known about or tried, This was a mention that Videowave didn't like too great a Windows Desktop text size magnification ratio. Here's what I did with a good outcome:

I went into <Control Panel> <Display> and noticed that on my 1920 x 1080 resolution monitor I had set a Custom Text Size of 110%. Although this was less that a post had suggested was the maximum Roxio would work with (125%), I changed my Desktop Text Size to 100%. This required a re-boot to take effect and messes up the positioning of the Desktop icons. However, since making this change, I have not experienced the adding media items to VideoWave problem you decribe and have not suffered any more VideoWave random crashes.

I thus suggest you check your Windows Desktop Text Size setting, and if it is not 100%, then change it to 100% and see if you are as lucky as I am.

It is attrocious that Roxio has produced a package that is so fussy with what seems to be totally unrelated Windows settings. I have spent eons communicating with Roxio about VideoWave crashes and got nowhere, so it appears they don't even know what causes their application instability and have done absolutely nothing to fix it or to warn users of this Windows setting restriction. Roxio have had this problem since at least Creator version 9 and keep producing new versions with little or no improvement. In my frustration I recently tried trial versions of 3 competing packages, which all utilise 64 bit architecture and take seconds to save or load a project. However, I keep getting stuck with Roxio Creator as my moving making has taken full advantage of all the flexibility in editing stills, movie clips, sound and text, which none of the competition can equal. - Rant over for the moment.