126wt

Out Of Sync Audio?

Question

When burning an HD project in MyDVD the audio is 3 seconds behind the video. the projects are about 3.9GB in size, I have also burned smaller version and the audio still out of sync.

I has tried everything I know and nothing helps, defrag, clean restarts, etc.

What is wrong? Is it my dedicated video memory (64MB) processor(intel i5-3340) or ram (8GB)

i was looking at a Dell XPS that had 1 GB graphics card, 8GB memory and i5 processor, would that stop the problems? Or would i7 processor be better?

Thank you so much in advance, I have spent hours trying to figure this out.

Edited by 126wt

First, in order to really look at your computer, please run and post a dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer. Follow these instructions carefully.. The only personal information is the name of your computer. A new computer may run the program faster but will not necessarily cure the issue.

Have you tried to "make" your project in Video Wave (Edit Video -Advanced) and then output that project to a video file - "mpg2 fro DVD, best quality"? You can then watch the video on your computer to see if you have the synce issue with that file. Use the free VLC player to watch the video.

Sometimes sync issues arise from a badly fragmented hard drive (ignore this if you have a solid state drive as your system drive). When was the last time you did a full defrag and optimization of your hard drive.

Are you using your system drive for your resources (video and audio) or another internal drive or a USB connected hard drive or combination?

Perhaps a full maintenance of your computer should be your next project. Look here (link) for a toolkit to remove programs you no longer use, to clean up junk files and to defrag. Some people defrag after each project. I don't. When you select items from that toolkit, select one that have a link to a direct download. If you select the big download button, you may get some add-on programs you don;t want.

When you burn a DVD, do you create an ISO file or folder set first and then burn that to a DVD using the program on the main page? That separate the encoding from the burning so your computer only does one thing at a time.

Where did you get the video files - capture from an analog with a analog to digital converter source or copy from a digital source (camcorder or memory card)?

An overactive antivirus that scans EVERYTHING being written to your hard drive could be an issue. As a trial turn it off (disconnect from the internet) to see if that helps.

Don't use your computer for anything else when you are encoding. A lot of people set the encoding to run either overnight when you won;t use it or set it to run when you are going out.

Let us know if anyhting helps.

First, in order to really look at your computer, please run and post a dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer. Follow these instructions carefully.. The only personal information is the name of your computer. A new computer may run the program faster but will not necessarily cure the issue. I attached the diag file. This computer is brand new from November and only has a few programs installed, nothing as big as Creator though.

Have you tried to "make" your project in Video Wave (Edit Video -Advanced) and then output that project to a video file - "mpg2 fro DVD, best quality"? You can then watch the video on your computer to see if you have the synce issue with that file. Use the free VLC player to watch the video.

I have been encoding the project as a file set then watching the finished result with windows media player... although this only happens with the Blu-ray and AVCHD project not the regular standard DVDs, they do fine.

Sometimes sync issues arise from a badly fragmented hard drive (ignore this if you have a solid state drive as your system drive). When was the last time you did a full defrag and optimization of your hard drive. I defragged the drive a couple days ago. And then tried the project again with the same results.

Are you using your system drive for your resources (video and audio) or another internal drive or a USB connected hard drive or combination?

The video files are .MTS format and were copied from my camcorders SD card to my hard drive, but they are used from my hard drive.

Perhaps a full maintenance of your computer should be your next project. Look here (link) for a toolkit to remove programs you no longer use, to clean up junk files and to defrag. Some people defrag after each project. I don't. When you select items from that toolkit, select one that have a link to a direct download. If you select the big download button, you may get some add-on programs you don't want. The computer is only 6 months old and I don't have many programs installed.

When you burn a DVD, do you create an ISO file or folder set first and then burn that to a DVD using the program on the main page? That separate the encoding from the burning so your computer only does one thing at a time. I am doing folder sets , then viewing the video files in Windows media player and then on a blu ray player via USB.

Where did you get the video files - capture from an analog with a analog to digital converter source or copy from a digital source (camcorder or memory card)?

An overactive antivirus that scans EVERYTHING being written to your hard drive could be an issue. As a trial turn it off (disconnect from the internet) to see if that helps. ok, I'll try that, I think I already had tried that a few months ago, but will try again.

Don't use your computer for anything else when you are encoding. A lot of people set the encoding to run either overnight when you won;t use it or set it to run when you are going out. I don't do anything

Let us know if anyhting helps. thank you for your help

DxDiag.txt

TTT

Anyone?

Is the audio out of sync by 3 seconds throughout? If so, you might try extracting the audio from the video in VideoWave, mute the native audio and add the extracted audio to any other audio track. You can then expand the timeline and adjust where the audio start by 3 seconds.

That is a poor workaround for finding the reason for the out of sync issue.

No it isn't, at the beginning it is fine, middle area it is about 1.5 seconds off and towards the end it is a little more than 3 seconds off.

If the project is larger the audio will be off even more.

Might it be that there is insufficient dedicated video memory (64MB)??? Or something else related to my computer?

No it isn't, at the beginning it is fine, middle area it is about 1.5 seconds off and towards the end it is a little more than 3 seconds off.

If the project is larger the audio will be off even more.

Might it be that there is insufficient dedicated video memory (64MB)??? Or something else related to my computer?

Did you create the original project in Videowave and try to output that to a video file and not bother with myDVD?

How long in time is your project?

myguggi, I did try to export it in video wave... It seem to have solved the audio issue, BUT the video was still really "jumpy" it wasn't smooth at all.

I played it both on my computer and blu-ray player/tv with the same results.

Did we ever talk about software rendering? In Video Wave, go to the top menu and select "Tools" then "Options". Put a dot next to (Rendering) software. Try a short project to see if that helps.

The symptoms you are experiencing are reminiscent of video editing long videos from a camcorder You said that you are copying from a memory source to your computer so that should not be an possible cause.

Edited by sknis

I did try it with the software option... and it looked worse, the pixels in the video were "pulsing" it looked like.

What I do, is copy the videos from my camcorder to my computer's hard drive, then use the copies from the HD in Roxio... I have checked the copies on the HD and they are fine.

Could it have to do with my video card or processor?

You asked "Could it have to do with my video card or processor?"

No to the processor; the program would only run slower but you already that you are doing NOTHING else during the encoding of the video.

You do not have a video card; you have a video chip on your motherboard. You could try to update the drivers for it; yours are from 2012. Go here and see if it can find newer drivers. If you are going to be doing a lot of video editing, and you are good at following directions, and if you have the money and if that is a desktop, you might want to consider a real video card. I doubt that it would fix this particular problem.

Side note: It seems to me that many people (not all) have issues or had issues with the Dell 660 series. I don't know why! :blink:

Thank you for your help, sknis!

If the video card wouldn't improve results of the finished product then I really don't want one.

I was thinking of selling my 660 and trying to buy a Dell XPS 8700, but if it won't help I wouldn't go though the hassle???

I really don't care how it looks when played on my computer... I just want the finished product to look good on my TV and for the program to behave while editing.

We still haven't heard how long, time-wise, your project is.

Something you could try, would be to "split" your project into multiple "movies." What I would try is adding your video into VideoWave, and trim it so that it's only 10 minutes long. Then save that project, don't export the video, just save the project. Now create a new VideoWave project, only trim it to start where the previous project left off, and make it another say 10 minutes long. Again, save the project.

Now in MyDVD add both projects and export that to your Folder, and try playing that. My hope is that you'll notice the audio getting out of sync by the end of the first movie, but that it'll start over being in-sync when the second movie starts.

It's a hokey workaround, but I haven't got a better suggestion at this point.

Well the one of the projects is 5:50 long (596MB), not even 10 minutes long. At about 5:01 minutes the audio sync is already really bad.

The longest one is about 25 minutes(2.24GB). and has audio issues also...

Like I said when I do "export as" the audio comes out great, but the actual video quality suffers even more than it already does.

Roxio tech support blamed it on my video card(or lack of one). So I'm not sure if it would be worth the hassle of trying to sell my 660 and buy an XPS?

Now when I used Corel x7 video studio demo, everything seemed to have encoded fine... I just really disliked the interface

I have two options...

1. Would be to sell my 660 and try to find a XPS 8700 and use Creator. Which from what I understand from the forum and Roxio support may OR may not fix the issues.

2. Would be to keep my 660, buy Corel x7 video studio and since x7 also "requires/recommends" a 1GB dedicated graphics card, be prepared for there to OTHER problems with x7 later down the road.

???

When you do the "export as" option, what are you using for your output options? There's no good reason that the video quality should be suffering as long as it's being output at the same or higher quality as you're starting with.

Using the "same as original" setting while exporting from videowave, the audio issues goes away... but the actual video (the image, not the audio) won't be

as smooth as the original video file that was copied from the camcorder.

It will be more "jerky" and will sometimes pixelate rhythmically.

It plays like this both on my computer and tv/bluray player.

Thank you

You say you are creating a folder set. Could you post the file/folder structure of that folder set?

When I burn the project from MyDVD it does create the folder set, however when I export it from video wave it is exported as just a video file.

I tried to attach the file but it wouldn't cooperate.

When I burn the project from MyDVD it does create the folder set, however when I export it from video wave it is exported as just a video file.

I tried to attach the file but it wouldn't cooperate.

I don't need a file. Use Windows Explorer to look at the folder set you created and just type in your post the root folder structure.

Also list the full file name of the video file you created using Videowave.

I would still need to attach the file for you to look at it, right?

Or would you be able to look a it with the info above you needed?

I would still need to attach the file for you to look at it, right?

Or would you be able to look a it with the info above you needed?

Again, I don't need the file, only the Windows Explorer information

Well the file(video clip) I exported from video wave is located on my desktop...

C:\Users\(my name)\Desktop

The file name is "Video Slide sao"

I think that what Walt wants is for you to go to the ISO file (either on the disc or or your computer) and open it with Windows Explorer to explore it. There should be files in it. Which ones? He is trying to determine if the ISo (image File) was created properly.

Oh, ok... there are several files and folders in the MyDVD file/iso...

BDMV

-AUXDATA

-BACKUP

-BDJO

-CLIPNF

-JAR

-META

-PLAYLIST

-STREAM

-index.bdmv

-MovieObject.bdmv

CERTIFICATE

-BACKUP

-id.bdmv

SONIC

-MyDVD.dat

The video files are the STREAM folder. Hopefully this is what you needed?

Like I said when I do the "Export As" option in video wave it creates a single video file only.

The info above is from when I "burn" the whole project as a file set.

Many Thanks