Delboy

Does Videowave Support .wav Files ?

Question

Am I right in saying I can't add .wav files to videowave? When I try I get a message "audio cannot be added at this position"

6 answers to this question

Hello,

Here are the input and output file formats the software accepts:

post-208-0-74422600-1397641726_thumb.jpg

As you can see, WAV is acceptable. [excuse my thick red pen].

I think the important thing is the "at this position" part of the error message, and Videowave is objecting to where you're trying to place the audio.

I'm the 'nightshift guru' and don't use videowave a lot, so I'd ask you to pop back in a few hours and ask the folks on the day shift, if that's okay.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon, I think you are right on about the position.

Delboy, you have to select where you want the audio to be added by clicking on that spot on the timeline. If you want two audios to overlap more than just at the beginning and end, use more than one audio track -like narration and/or Sound Effects in addition to the music track.

post-58-0-57194700-1397653035_thumb.jpg

Am I right in saying I can't add .wav files to videowave? When I try I get a message "audio cannot be added at this position"

VideoWave takes .wav files just fine, unless they are over 16 bit.

Brendon, I think you are right on about the position.

Delboy, you have to select where you want the audio to be added by clicking on that spot on the timeline. If you want two audios to overlap more than just at the beginning and end, use more than one audio track -like narration and/or Sound Effects in addition to the music track.

In addition to what the other guru suggested which I agree with, you can add more than one audio file on the same audio track (back to back) but it take a bit of playing with the vertical position cursor to accomplish that. I have done that many times on videowave productions I have made.

I knew it wasn't the position because I had no problem putting an mp3 file in the same place. It turned out to be the .wav file I was using was 24 bit (cubase default) . I changed it to 16 bit and all works fine now. The error message seems to be a bug and not the first time I have seen it where it shouldn't be.

Thanks all

I knew it wasn't the position because I had no problem putting an mp3 file in the same place. It turned out to be the .wav file I was using was 24 bit (cubase default) . I changed it to 16 bit and all works fine now. The error message seems to be a bug and not the first time I have seen it where it shouldn't be.

Thanks all

You're welcome.