• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Lynn Lynn

Error 800700E Mydvd Encoding

Question

Got error code 800700e encoding three slideshows for a DVD. I experimented by deleting one of them, but same error code. I always use the "Save disk image" (iso) functionality, because I do not want to waste blank DVDs in case of any errors. I experimented by deleting all but a single slideshow, but got same error code. The preview for all three experiments was perfect.

What actually causes this error code? How do I get around it?

8 answers to this question

My comment on the KB article, which is meant to give the user some things to do in hopes of getting around the issue, is that it does not give the fundamental reason for the 800700e. I was a computer programmer for nearly 20 years. The programmer should have a good idea why he issued the error code, in most cases. It could be instructive for some users to know the actual reason. Swapping between rendering modes without having any idea why is not satisfying for those trained in scientific disciplines. I note that when I check Software and then Graphics Test, the program itself pops back to Hardware. Does that have significance? I am permitted to guess that the programmer has learned which mode works best as a result of the test. Where can I find an in-depth explanation of the differences between the two modes of rendering?

Contact Corel and pay for the privilege of debating the issue with them. We are users (like you) and have nothing to do with designing or alibiling for the design.

Do not do the graphics test it does not give a complete picture of what is going on. Software will run slower but many people believe it will give a better quality video product. You may certainly seqarch this site and the kB articles to see if you can find what you want to know.

I guess you are an Analytical-Analytical in social situations. :P

Thank you for the link. As it happens, I had found it in my search for that error code. I was a computer programmer for nearly 20 years, and I believe that when a programmer, by any means, returns an error code, he should offer some way to get as much information about how he got there as is possible. Can anyone tell me how to find out what actually what leads to the error code. As an experienced former programmer, I am totally deterministic. My PhD dissertation title has that word in it. Haphazard events are the exception in digital computers. So I am disappointed that there is no easy way for users to learn what actually lead to the error code.

All my drivers are up to date.

When I select "software" rendering and then check "Graphics Test" then program resets rendering to "Hardware." This implies that the programmer assesses that Hardware rendering is appropriate for this particular computer. Is that not a logical conclusion? Where can I obtain information, in great detail, about the differences between the two rendering modes?

I have read the KB on 800700e, which has no solution for me in my case. My drivers are up to date. I have created several dozens of playable DVDs in the past, including the very recent past. The most recent success -- last week -- has four titles on the opening screen; two videos and two slide shows.

I have tried switching between software and hardware rendering. I have tried enabling and disabling "enable Intel enhanced for core . . . " I have tried both ways for "Roxio AVC smartencode"

That totals 8 different combinations, so maybe I have not tried all eight yet.

$25 would be quite acceptable if a Corel tech support person could actually solve the problem. I miss the "free" email support, which was often helpful.

Is there any reason to believe that if i pay $25, I will get a solution from Corel?

I suspect the test determines which option (hardware or software) runs faster, and then sets that as the default. But that is only a guess on my part.

In this case, you are being given a tool to use more-or-less as is, not a set of APIs where you get documentation as to the in's and out's of wherefore, how, and why things are done, or work as they do. I know of no place where you will get any information in any detail about the different rendering modes, at least not from Roxio/Corel. Any documentation you get will be about how to use the program(s), not details about why and how they do what they do.