Shackleton

No Sound On Roxio Creator Nxt Pro 2

Question

We have captured films from the digital camera to videowave. The files immediately are backed up on the computer and all video scenes have sound. However, we cannot get any sound on videowave. This is before any editing is started, there is just no sound. This has also been the case with this new software, which is Roxio Creator NXT Pro 2, when we have put all our films from 2013 onto dvd and whilst there is sound on the film, it doesn't transfer once its edited through My DVD. I have been well used to Roxio now for some years and have had no problem until we recently upgraded to this new software. Any suggestions please? Many thanks

30 answers to this question

Lost in Translation comes to mind! Cannot see any other way we can take the film from the camcorder onto computer and then into videowave. without it being split into scenes. It has always worked for us, but for some peculiar reason, now we have a new computer and new Roxio software it doesn't. Having tried the video converter and found it works, I guess we will just have to resort to using this. Any suggestions on which one to use.

No we have absolutely no connection to Sir E Shackleton - its our house name, which existed when we moved in.

Lost in Translation comes to mind! Cannot see any other way we can take the film from the camcorder onto computer and then into videowave. without it being split into scenes. It has always worked for us, but for some peculiar reason, now we have a new computer and new Roxio software it doesn't. Having tried the video converter and found it works, I guess we will just have to resort to using this. Any suggestions on which one to use.

No we have absolutely no connection to Sir E Shackleton - its our house name, which existed when we moved in.

I don't understand what you mean by the highlighted statement. To get a video clip from your computer into Videowave all you do is: select Add photo/video, navigate to the folder containing the video clip, select it and click Open.

Sorry that we aren't too good at explaining how we are doing it, but the way you have explained it is in fact the way we are doing it, but are not getting any sound. The only way we have got sound is by decoding it to mpg 2 through a video decoding software, as you suggested awhile back. We are away tonight for a week, with camcorder of course. We will record in HD and see how we get on when we return next week.