Sign in to follow this  
NMR Jock

Mydvd/videowave Freezes When Editing Menu

Question

I am fairly new to Creator, but have created a couple of DVDs successfully. I am attempting to create a DVD from a single large (1:37) MP4 file. Everything is fine through creating markers for the chapter entries. When I go back to the menu tab to edit the menu button text with chapter headings, MyDVD freezes. It will also freeze if I try running the preview. Killing the process generates a message that VideoWave is not responding to Windows. I have done this with smaller menus - this one has 8 chapters in (presumably) 2 pages. Everything appears to be working fine before creating the menu markers. Is an 8 item menu simply too large to handle?

My system is a 64 bit Windows7 Dell XPS8700 with an i7 processor and 8G of memory. Task Manager perfomance shows less than 2G memory being used and 4 of the 8 cores running ~50% with the other 4 close to idle, so I don't think that it is a lack of resources.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

1 answer to this question

The only thing you can try is to run a proper repair:

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where
Repair
is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

One other thing to consider ~ is this complex menu Really offering anything to the production??? Most watch a disc for its' content, not how many buttons you have to press to get there ;)