pssrs

How To Solve This: Windows Prolonged Startup Caused After Installing And Opening Old Easy Cd Creator Program

Hi, I tried to install and use my old Adaptec Easy CD Creator for Windows 95 to Windows 2000 because the audio CD I burnt with WMP doesn't play on my old boombox and old CD walkman but on a new radio CD player. I am on Win XP Pro now. There's a warning message saying the program will cause instability to Windows but I just carry on and open the program which didn't work too. Now at startup, it takes even longer to fully startup, the Windows just stay at the desktop wallpaper for a couple of minutes or more before it's fully startup, how do I stop the prolonged startup problem? I had already uninstalled the old Adaptec Easy CD program. There's also a pop up message saying I need a new Easy CD Creator driver from the Roxio website.

It looks like the old program is not fully uninstalled yet, there's always a warning icon beside the time after startup.

It's probably the CDR4 driver, but there are a number of drivers in the earlier versions which aren't compatible with XP.

What's the full version number of the Easy CD Creator that you installed?? - I'll see if I can work out what you need to do to stabilize things.

Regards,

Brendon

The Roxizap removes the whole program properly and solves the problem.

Edited by pssrs

The Roxizap removes the whole program properly and solves the problem.

I would have hooked the pieces out manually since I'm a little conservative, but if Roxizap got it then that's excellent. That program is a very effective one that Pat Nugent wrote some years back, and it tends to 'take no prisoners', as it were. especially if used on the wrong version of Creator.

Regards,

Brendon