Question

Hello, This isnt my first time having issues with my Roxio Game Capture HD but the last time which was the first time, my problem was that the capture device would show up on my computer as transcoder and after reinstallation of software and system restores i had no luck. Only the Main purple light would come on and thats it no input or anything including the fact of the capture software showing no signal in green.

But anyways tech support contacted me and they sent me a replacement which is my current one and i had to send the old one back. This new one has been working beautifully from step one but my computer's hard drive failed, so i got a 1tb Hard drive off of Newegg and i reloaded the OS already but i'm now getting to the part where i'm reinstalling all of my old programs again. But this time with current Roxio that ive had, is now doing the same thing where it shows TRANSCODER and has the same behavior with not turning on or working as like the old Roxio I had to turn back in.

Since i went to this forum before in the first incident, and i have researched all over the web on the roxio forums i know that some people would reply to tell me how to properly install, Uninstall and Reinstall the software and trust me all the proper strategies have been done the first time and i have performed system restores up to 5 days ago. So with all do respect please do not reply to tell me how to properly install it and the keys steps on not to plug it in before installing. I do however appreciate ALL the HELP that i can get i just want to make this quite brief and not go in circles since i know from previous support.

I'd like to also know weather if there is a recent fix to this problem because i'd rather try other steps to fix this before having to go through the trouble in buying a new roxio. I do believe however that this roxio is still in warranty. I want to lastly point out that this roxio has been running hot recently and i have placed it in a proper cooling area where its not sitting next to any thing that runs hot and has been sitting on my desk in the open, i much ignored this as thinking the thermal temp it was putting out was normal.

Please help and thanks for taking your time out of your day in reading this as it helps me succeed in my Youtube Gaming Dream, If anybody has any questions PLEASE feel free to ask whatever.

12 answers to this question

You REALLY want us to believe that you have had 2 defective devices in a row :lol:

And that this one WAS Working until you reinstalled it, but now you get a driver issue :lol:

In your other TOPIC, Post #5.

Might even be better if you invite a friend over to go through that process with you ~ 2 heads being better than 1 ;)

I appreciate your concern weather if this is true or not. All I seek is some sort of solution to this problem, not comments and statements which dont helpn me at all. Now I do agree which I should invite a friend over and see if he can help give me some pointers, except he has a Avermedia capture device and not roxio. I can again use him for a sign of proof and at the same time provide videos and photos of the capture device not working with signs of proof displayed in the video.

I appreciate your concern weather if this is true or not. All I seek is some sort of solution to this problem, not comments and statements which dont helpn me at all. Now I do agree which I should invite a friend over and see if he can help give me some pointers, except he has a Avermedia capture device and not roxio. I can again use him for a sign of proof and at the same time provide videos and photos of the capture device not working with signs of proof displayed in the video.

Did you use the Search function to find other posts on the transcoder problem? Here are some:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

Also, are you running a registry cleaner? If so, that could be your problem.

Try to install the game capture device drivers using the link below.

For 32-bit

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHQ784SgBTMM29rWWhGaGVVanc/edit?usp=sharing

For 64-bit

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHQ784SgBTMdlJSZHZHNWp3QjQ/edit?usp=sharing

Install the driver and let us know if it still shows TRANSCODER. Also, please send a screenshot of your device manager here. :D

I'm sorry for the late reply. I went on a family vacation to Boston. Anyways heres the screenshot link....... The website wouldnt let me post the image, stating its to big but heres a link:

http://prntscr.com/3q1vob

I have done the 64-bit driver installation, and i rebooted and everything but its still the same thing. Let me know. Im back home now.

You MUST manually delete the Transcoder in your Device Manager:

WITH the RGC UNPLUGGED!

Install the Drivers (Repair Preferred) WITH THE RGC UNPLUGGED

Reboot

...and only now insert the RGC
Edited by Jim_Hardin

Yes i understood that for about 3 months now, Jim_Hardin. Thanks but ive done ALL and i mean ALL of your solutions from other Forums ive seen you in and still no luck. Please excuse my impatience but i'm tired of this and going in circles. Me and my friend have been working on this for about 2 weeks together now, and he also owns a Roxio, he's the one to refer me to roxio and when he plugs mine into his computer its not working even still for him. This is outrageous.

You MUST manually delete the Transcoder in your Device Manager:

WITH the RGC UNPLUGGED!

Install the Drivers (Repair Preferred) WITH THE RGC UNPLUGGED

Reboot

...and only now insert the RGC

Yes i understood that for about 3 months now, Jim_Hardin. Thanks but ive done ALL and i mean ALL of your solutions from other Forums ive seen you in and still no luck. Please excuse my impatience but i'm tired of this and going in circles. Me and my friend have been working on this for about 2 weeks together now, and he also owns a Roxio, he's the one to refer me to roxio and when he plugs mine into his computer its not working even still for him. This is outrageous.

We have tested it ourselves over and over and the transcoder driver entry is made when you plugin the USB RGC Device before installing the software. Only way to get it done right is with the device plugged in delete (uninstall) the transcoder entry from device manager.

Then "Unplug the USB Device, reboot the PC and "Install the Drivers (Repair Preferred) WITH THE RGC UNPLUGGED

Reboot...and only now insert the RGC" as Mr Hardin told you.

This fix for your problem is not going to change you have to do it as we say or it won't fix it's self!

Do you understand that?

...Me and my friend have been working on this for about 2 weeks together now, and he also owns a Roxio, he's the one to refer me to roxio and when he plugs mine into his computer its not working even still for him. This is outrageous.

I do appreciate your patience on this but you are not supplying all details in your posts -_-

There is a HUGE difference between

'I did all that'
and

'I plugged in the RGC Device and deleted the Transcoder entry, then I...'

This information about working with a friend is completely new And very interesting... Some more details, beyond 'don't work' about what happens when your RGC is plugged into his PC???

AND that begs the answer of what happens when you plug His RGC into yours ;)

(still finding the two faulty rgb's answer hard to swallow :lol:)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Lets get this Clear, After Doing ALL and i mean ALL! the steps you've provided me, there is STILL no luck!.......

I went to My Friends house WITH my Roxio and PLUGGED it into his computer which ALREADY has drivers and ALL that crap on it.... When i plug it in, i Hear Windows 7 make a sound (Plug in USB Sound)... First we looked at the "Devices and Printers" Tab and WE SAW "Transcoder"......... Then AFTER seeing that we started up his Roxio Gamecapture HD Pro Software and it shows "NO SIGNAL" in RED and the Devices Tab Shows NOTHING AT ALL where the Roxio Gamecap would be and i know that for sure because i remember that all the time before when it did work on my PC.

We tried EVERYTHING! From Testing the connections to Using 2 Different Software which happens to be OBS and XSPLIT..........

AFTER that situation he came to MY house WITH HIS OWN Roxio HD Gamecap.... Plugged it right in and the SOFTWARE WORKED AND THE "TRANSCODER" DRIVER DISAPPEARED............... WE got it clear enough so far???

All I got is a Plain Purple Light on the LOGO and NO lights on the Input Status'!

Steps I Tried:

1. Uninstalling |>| Rebooting |>| Registry Cleaner |>| Reboot |>| Driver Cleaner |>| Reboot |>| Place Disk in Drive |>| Run Installation |>| Install |>|Update |>|Reboot |>|Plug in RGC = NO LUCK!

2. Running "Repair" on Disk |>| Rebooting |>| Plug in RGC |>| Reboot |>| TEST? = NO LUCK

3.Uninstalling |>| Reboot |>| System Restore (Before First Install) |>| Reboot |>| Reinstall with out plugging in RGC |>|Checked for Updates |>|Reboot |>|Plug in RGC =NO F*** LUCK!

Steps My Friend Tried (His Computer)

1. Unplug HIS RGC |>| Reboot |>| Plug in MY RGC =NO LUCK!

2. Same steps above = NO LUCK!

3. He goes to my house and plugs in HIS RGC into MY computer =WORKS!?

I Respect the fact your "(still finding the two faulty rgb's answer hard to swallow :lol:)" but I DONT CARE....... What i do care is getting my money's worth and getting this stupid roxio to work...... Because i have a goal in Youtube and uploading videos, and if i cant do that... Whats the Point in Fighting with you two here in the forums..... Thats it, to me im asking you to hand the keys to your car to me? Is that really the struggle i need to go through just to make a Simple capture card work like it was built for? My friend had his for..... IDK 2 years and its still working?! Its Friday the 13th, is that why?

Your expanded results in Post #11 are just what I was looking for, Thanks!

I will make sure this gets passed along ;)

Just one recommendation for you and friend ~ "Registry Cleaner & Driver Cleaner"??? Delete these from your PC's and delete the download. If you have a disc, microwave for 1 second :)

The very specific use and desperate I might add, that I outline in repair is the only time a Reg Cleaner might help. Otherwise these are programs that promise a lot but end up creating more problems than they cure -_-