Question

ok so this is driving me bonkers, i bought a new laptop, hp notebook and the roxio software have installed from the disc, the usb ports are in full working order but yet it wont recognise and register the roxio usb. it keeps saying usb not recognised. when i look into it further and click the search for updates for drivers, it says im up to date but yet when i look into why the usb is malfunctioning, it says there is no drivers present for this usb :/

could somebody please help as im part of a big youtube channel associated with machinima and need this sorting asap. thank you

The Apex Star

9 answers to this question

Umm... the first question is, what do you mean by "Roxio USB." You've not told us what package you've purchased. Is it the VHS capture device with VHS to DVD? Or one of the Game Capture Devices, standard or Hi-Def?

One of the main sources of problems there is if you plugged the device into your laptop before installing the software. Windows automatically installs drivers, the wrong ones, which stay associated with the device even after you install the software.

So, let us know what you actually have, and we can try to help further.

i believe its just standard roxio package. it worked on the previous laptop i was using no problem. its not got any attachments like vhs to dvd etc. and its not the hd version, just normal roxio gamecap

Does the capture device have HDMI ports on it? If so, then it's the HD version. If it just has the Component RGB and red/white audio jacks, it'll be the standard def unit. (The HD unit has both HDMI and component jacks.)

Did you connect the device to your PC before installing the software?

Edited by d_deweywright

got any help?

Plug in your Roxio Game Capture Device, now open Device Manager and expand Sound Video and Game Controllers and Other devices, now post a screen shot of it.

How to take a screen shot and post it on the board, http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/74120-posting-a-picturescreen-cap-on-roxio/

If you're going to jump into this thread, fine, but start by answering all the questions asked of the original poster (see above) so we know exactly what you have. You can also post the screen shot cdanteek requested above as well.