#1 Solefie

Solefie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:17 AM

Hello

Hope someone can help

My computer broke down, and now a have a new with windows 8.1.

I wanted to install roxio creator 2010 but I've lost my back up disk.

Instead I tried to install Roxio PhotoSuite 7 Platinum (from 2006) - and guess what......it WORKED. It didn't work on Windows Vista or Windows 7 - but I'm very happy because I loved the templates for cards and calenders and fonts of which many didn't came with creator 2010.

But I still want the creator 2010 or upgrade to NXT2 - but when I read about how to upgrade, it says that it automatically uninstalls the program I'm upgrading from - and now I'm asking if anyone knows if I can have both programs (PhotoSuite and NXT2) installed at the same time?

And does anynone know if It is possible to install the Creator 2010 though I have missed my back up disk. I'm only interessed in the part with photos - does anyone know if the NXT2 is better or worse than Creator, when it comes to photo.

Many questions - but hope someone can help :-)

Best regards
Kirsten

#2 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,607 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

Hello

Hope someone can help

My computer broke down, and now a have a new with windows 8.1.

I wanted to install roxio creator 2010 but I've lost my back up disk.

Instead I tried to install Roxio PhotoSuite 7 Platinum (from 2006) - and guess what......it WORKED. It didn't work on Windows Vista or Windows 7 - but I'm very happy because I loved the templates for cards and calenders and fonts of which many didn't came with creator 2010.

But I still want the creator 2010 or upgrade to NXT2 - but when I read about how to upgrade, it says that it automatically uninstalls the program I'm upgrading from - and now I'm asking if anyone knows if I can have both programs (PhotoSuite and NXT2) installed at the same time?

And does anynone know if It is possible to install the Creator 2010 though I have missed my back up disk. I'm only interessed in the part with photos - does anyone know if the NXT2 is better or worse than Creator, when it comes to photo.

Many questions - but hope someone can help :-)

Best regards
Kirsten

Here is a link to the compatibility with Window 8:

http://corel.force.c...lter&source=kba

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:01 AM

What are you doing with Photos?

What do you Hope to do with them? ;)

#4 Solefie

Solefie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

@ GrandpaBruce .......Thank you :lol:

@Jim_Hardin ..... just common image/Photo editing - birthdaycards - calenders and fun - but Creator 2010 has a lot of features that PhotoSuite doesn''t have
and PhotoSuite has a lot of templates that Creator2010 doesn't have- So I want to have both programs installed - but can I avoid that the installation of
Creator or NXT2 will uninstall PhotoSuite? :mellow:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Creator 2010, creator nxt2, update, photosuite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users