• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Lawrence

Steve Lawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

I ordered Creator NXT 2 download with USB Video Capture. The USB Video Capture was posted to me in the UK from the US. The USB Video Capture Device came without the CD/DVD with the drivers. I assumed this was because it was included as part of Creator NXT 2. However I can't find it anywhere. I found a download device driver link on one of your pages. On the same web page was a picture of your older Video capture model. I have the new one where the USB connector is on a wire coming out of the Capture device instead of being built in like the older one.

I ran the driver install and it put in 64 and 32 directories. My machine is 64-bit Win 7 Pro. I tried both the 32 and 64 directories but neither will install. Do you have a location for installing the drivers for the new device?

I just registered my package today but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the code for my one support call.

Steve Lawrence

Edited by Steve Lawrence, 04 June 2014 - 03:32 AM.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:02 AM

Remove you e-mail address unless you just love spam ! No one else will send you an e-mail. :ninja:

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:20 AM

The Roxio NXT comes with any and all drivers that are required to use the Roxio Video Capture USB device...

There NEVER has been any 64bit software from Roxio... (but there are Drivers in 64 bit flavor ;))

So???

Which one of these do you actually have?

Attached File  Old and New.jpg   193.1KB   5 downloads

When you plug it in, WHAT entries do you have for it in your Device Manager? (should look like this)

Attached File  Device Drivers - Win7 New Device.jpg   98.71KB   8 downloads

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 06 June 2014 - 01:03 PM.
Corrected misstatement about drivers

#4 Steve Lawrence

Steve Lawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:04 AM

OK email address gone. I didn't think people would respond so quickly. I have the new version.of the USB device. In Device Manager I have the entry with the yellow exclamation mark indicating a problem. Here is the location where I downloaded the video capture software, just below where you click to order it. http://www.roxio.com...e/overview.html

I'm not at home now so I can't tell you exactly what downloaded but I know it created a directory called 32 and another called 64. When I right clicked on the Video Capture entry in the Device Manager and chose the directory where I'd downloaded the drivers a response came back that the drivers were not found. The fact that the web page has a picture of old video capture device (same as on your photo) made me think the drivers were probably for it.

My next step might be to remove the Device Manager entry completely and try again. Roxio have also emailed me a support reference number so I can make my one support call.

At least one thing I completely screwed up was connecting the Video Capture device prior to installing Creator NXT 2. I had hoped that during the install process it would pick up the Video Capture device and install the drivers. In fact all it does is hang the install process while installing DirectX 9.0. Removing the Video Capture, rebooting, and re-installing cleared that up.

Thanks for taking an interest.

Steve Lawrence

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:41 AM

With the device plugged in remove (right click on it and install delete it) the yellow exclamation driver entry, unplug the USB device and reboot the PC.

Now put the Creator NXT 2 in a drive and run repair when offered, reboot the PC and open device manager and plugin the USB Device, now what does it show?
  • harrisongang likes this

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

Thanks cd ;)

#7 Steve Lawrence

Steve Lawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:35 AM

So far no good. Couldn't delete the USB entry. Only could disable or uninstall. Did everything else including the Repair. Right back where I started. All I really need is the CD/DVD that was supposed to come in the post with the USB device. I just keep getting asked where the drivers are located. Do you know where Creator NXT 2 puts them? My problems would then be over. Do you have the drivers for the new device that you could post someplace on the web. Do you know if the Roxio download site has the correct drivers for the new device or only for the old one? My vote is for old one only.

I haven't used my support ticket yet but I think that might be my best bet. Perhaps they will email me the drivers. It's annoying because I really only bought the package for the USB device. I figured the drivers would either come with the device or be hidden someplace within Creator NXT 2.

Thanks for taking the time to post a solution to me.

Regards,

Steve

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:48 AM

Uninstall would have been the right choice!

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

So far no good. Couldn't delete the USB entry. Only could disable or uninstall. Did everything else including the Repair. Right back where I started. All I really need is the CD/DVD that was supposed to come in the post with the USB device. I just keep getting asked where the drivers are located. Do you know where Creator NXT 2 puts them? My problems would then be over. Do you have the drivers for the new device that you could post someplace on the web. Do you know if the Roxio download site has the correct drivers for the new device or only for the old one? My vote is for old one only.

I haven't used my support ticket yet but I think that might be my best bet. Perhaps they will email me the drivers. It's annoying because I really only bought the package for the USB device. I figured the drivers would either come with the device or be hidden someplace within Creator NXT 2.

Thanks for taking the time to post a solution to me.

Regards,

Steve

The drivers for the USB Capture Device are on your NXT2 disc or download!

Attached File  8.jpg   138.61KB   2 downloads

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,453 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

I do not think Windows will correctly install the drivers manually... Never tried it and never will :lol:

You need to delete/uninstall that entry as Steve mentioned - Remove the Device - Reboot - Start an install of NXT and choose Repair.
  • harrisongang likes this

#11 Steve Lawrence

Steve Lawrence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:37 AM

Thanks to both of you for your responses to my problem. I found out from Roxio support that you could install Creator NXT 2 on 3 machines. Thus I tried a Win 8.1 machine I had with Creator 2012 on it. I just installed the drivers and nothing else. Of course that failed. Next I went to an old XP SP3 machine I have. I installed the drivers and then installed Creator NXT 2 with the USB stick plugged in. As it had done on my Win 7 machine the install seemed to hang (several minutes with nothing happening). On Win 7, I'd killed the install. However on the XP install it was late at night (after US v Portugal in the World Cup) so I just left it until morning. The next day when I looked to see what had happened. Everything was installed and happy. The videos play beautifully on the PC.

All comes to those who wait.

I've now tried to uninstall Creator on my Win 7 machine so I can install from scratch and give it plenty of time. However it won't re-install, just as someone else on the forum reported recently. I haven't checked the log to see if my problem is the same, but I'll try and find out.

Anyway it doesn't matter because in a couple days I'll have all the videos on disk using the XP machine and be ready to move on.

Thanks again for your excellent suggestions and reassurances. You were instrumental in helping me get this done.

Sincerely,

Steve Lawrence

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:41 AM

Win 8.1 machine I had with Creator 2012 on it.

Creator 2012 is not compatible with W-8 or W-8.1,

You need NXT or NXT2.

cd

Spoiler

#13 DJSaturn98

DJSaturn98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:47 AM

The Roxio NXT comes with any and all drivers that are required to use the Roxio Video Capture USB device...

There NEVER has been any 64bit software from Roxio... (but there are Drivers in 64 bit flavor ;))

So???

Which one of these do you actually have?

attachicon.gifOld and New.jpg

When you plug it in, WHAT entries do you have for it in your Device Manager? (should look like this)

attachicon.gifDevice Drivers - Win7 New Device.jpg

Hello, I am having an installation issue too with the Roxio Video Capture USB, however I only have the device - no installation CD or instructions.  According to the picture above, I believe I have the "New" device.  I am trying to install on Win 7 64 bit to no avail.  I have tried downloading the drivers from the roxio site http://www.roxio.com...creator/device/.  It didn't work though - is it possible to locate the appropriate drivers for this device online or do I have to have the CD?  If I must have the CD, is there any way I can get a replacement from Roxio?  If it helps, I looked on the back of my Roxio device to see the serial: HU3192-E.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

#14 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,968 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

Hello, I am having an installation issue too with the Roxio Video Capture USB, however I only have the device - no installation CD or instructions.  According to the picture above, I believe I have the "New" device.  I am trying to install on Win 7 64 bit to no avail.  I have tried downloading the drivers from the roxio site http://www.roxio.com...creator/device/.  It didn't work though - is it possible to locate the appropriate drivers for this device online or do I have to have the CD?  If I must have the CD, is there any way I can get a replacement from Roxio?  If it helps, I looked on the back of my Roxio device to see the serial: HU3192-E.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

What Roxio Software do you have that you need to use the USB Capture Device?

Your post will then be split off to the appropriate forum!

Never post a me too in a one and a half year old thread!

cd

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users