BrianR

Setting Dissolve Times All At Once

Question

In Videowave for NXT Pro, I am using dissolve transitions between ~ 25 video segments. How do I change the length of the transitions all at once? I was able to do it in NXT 2 but for some reason I'm not finding the option in NXT.

It would be easier to set all lengths to a standard, and then change a few to non-standard. The three dissolve choices in Transition Themes don't get me what I need.

Thanks, Brian

4 answers to this question

When you want to change one don't you get this screen?

post-97-0-32450200-1401888862_thumb.jpg

I need to avoid the Transition Theme as a solution because I want to use a different dissolve time.

The Dissolve transition theme is .7 seconds and Slow Dissolve is 2.5 seconds.

Say I want to go to 1 second for each of the 25 transitions - how do I do it most easily?

Thanks,

Brian

I need to avoid the Transition Theme as a solution because I want to use a different dissolve time.

The Dissolve transition theme is .7 seconds and Slow Dissolve is 2.5 seconds.

Say I want to go to 1 second for each of the 25 transitions - how do I do it most easily?

Thanks,

Brian

Right click on one of the transitions. From the drop-down menu select Transition Duration and then select the new duration and whether to apply to all transitions.

This is the way it is used in C2012 and I don't think it has changed for NXT or NXT 2.

Walt, thanks for setting me on the right track. Your explanation proved correct in Storyline view for both NXT and NXT 2.

In the case of Timeline view, for some reason you have to click on Trim (see image below) to get the same option.

Go figure! :unsure:

post-23969-0-00802600-1401911921_thumb.jpg