ckreed

Videowave crashes with transition add

Question

Hello - I have noticed this problem posted by others but haven't seen a solution yet. I am creating a video slide show with still photos using Videowave. It is only 9 minutes long. I have added a few transtions but am not able to add any more without the program crashing and closing.

My system:

Dell Inspiron 6000

1.8 ghz, 504 mb RAM

Thanks

10 answers to this question

Hello - I have noticed this problem posted by others but haven't seen a solution yet. I am creating a video slide show with still photos using Videowave. It is only 9 minutes long. I have added a few transtions but am not able to add any more without the program crashing and closing.

My system:

Dell Inspiron 6000

1.8 ghz, 504 mb RAM

Thanks

What type of transitions? Could you list more of your computer specs including your video card.

Video Card Name: Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express

Approx TOtal Memory: 128.0 MB

Main Driver: ialmrnt5.dll

I have Windows XP Media Edition. Any other information I need to give?

My system:

Dell Inspiron 6000

1.8 ghz, 504 mb RAM

Thanks

Answer the first question of Patty's.

Edited by ogdens

Which transitions were you trying to add when the problem arose? Did you make sure all the drivers were updated and that you have the last directX installed.

I am just adding disolve and page turning transtions. It is letting me make pan and zoom changes to the frames, just not transitions.

This may be a stupid question: How do I update my directX?

Thanks!

I am just adding disolve and page turning transtions. It is letting me make pan and zoom changes to the frames, just not transitions.

This may be a stupid question: How do I update my directX?

Thanks!

Click here for the download. The page turner is a 3D transition, and if your video card drive hasn't been updated or you don't have the latest update for DirectX that could cause you problems. Also, run this test.Open VideoWave, go to tools (top menu) and select options. Run the rendering test. After the test, look at where the little "dot" is. If it is by software (probably where it started), then you do not have the 3D transitions.

Edited by Patty

Thank you Patty, but I have a few page turning transition in my program already. I installed the DirectX, (Thanks for the link). I ran the test from VideoWave and the dot stayed on hardware. I am stumped. Hopefully Roxio has good tech support. I will call them tomorrow.

I believe the graphics test may be in error and render should be set on SOFTWARE with this chipset. Having it set to Hardware will indeed cause crashes and lockups if the video chipset does NOT support the 3D functions needed.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if none of the Intel video chipset do.

Have you tried changing the render to software to see if the problems go away?

Edited by ggrussell

I have a similar problem ..... I downloaded the lastest driver and directx..... when I ran the test it was fine though.... and before downloading installing the latest driver it was even worse. I added video and when playing it the video would play for 2 seconds and after that only the sound would go on otherwise the whole computer froze there was no other option but to power off my pc. Now what I do is add one transition and save one usually works. It usually freezes when I play a transition in the transition window or try to drag one from that window, add more than one transition or try to move a picture by dragging it in the storyline view.

With the Geforce 3 64MB card, render should also be set to SOFTWARE. That card was designed for DirectX 6 or 7 and definitely does not fully support the 3D functions in DirectX 9.