Question

I don't know if I'm even in the right group but I hope someone can help me or direct me to the correct site.

I purchased an HP Windows 7 computer about 2 years ago for my mother. As I was helping her with it I discovered it comes with a RoxioNow movie store and it looks excellent with a lot of good videos. I have a Roxio account. Whenever I try to view a trailer or purchase a video I get the following error" Unable to contact the Roxio Store. The Roxio store is currently unavailable. Please retry in a few minute. Well I've been trying the last two weeks and continue to get the same error. Help anyone? Thank you.

7 answers to this question

I don't know if I'm even in the right group but I hope someone can help me or direct me to the correct site.

I purchased an HP Windows 7 computer about 2 years ago for my mother. As I was helping her with it I discovered it comes with a RoxioNow movie store and it looks excellent with a lot of good videos. I have a Roxio account. Whenever I try to view a trailer or purchase a video I get the following error" Unable to contact the Roxio Store. The Roxio store is currently unavailable. Please retry in a few minute. Well I've been trying the last two weeks and continue to get the same error. Help anyone? Thank you.

I think RoxioNow has been dead for several years. It disappeared shortly after it was offered by Roxio

• Like 1

I think RoxioNow has been dead for several years. It disappeared shortly after it was offered by Roxio

Ok, thank you very much. But can you explain this... Cinemanow came with my HP computer as did the Roxionow player and I originally purchased the videos from Cinemanow but I can play them on the Roxionow player? I know, it's a mess. What do you suggest I do? Thank you.

Ok, thank you very much. But can you explain this... Cinemanow came with my HP computer as did the Roxionow player and I originally purchased the videos from Cinemanow but I can play them on the Roxionow player? I know, it's a mess. What do you suggest I do? Thank you.

Unfortunately, it's fourth down and seven to go. Drop back 10 yards, and punt.

Unfortunately, it's fourth down and seven to go. Drop back 10 yards, and punt.

Ok so just uninstall the HP Movie store? That is the one that is powered by Roxionow.

Perhaps it would be best to just leave it alone...

An excellent free player is VLC:HERE.

Download that and see if it will play your movies.

The RoxioNow Player was keyed to work with the Copy Protection they intended to use in conjunction with their Store. As the others pointed out, the concept was a bit too early. NetFlex, et al which came out later seem to be doing well :huh:

Thanks Jim. I'm aware of VLC. It's just a shame I can't purchase or rent the videos that available to do so. Somehow the videos I purchased on Cinemanow ended up on that Rovia player that came with that HP computer. The quality is amazing. Those two videos play perfectly on that RoxioNow play. I wish I could rent or buy a few that are listed on the HP Movie store . I can log in,etc. on the Roxio/HP movie store but it won't allow me to purchase any of the videos.

The only other question I have, is the Rovi player used on both Cinemanow and Roxio? If that is the case then I will just uninstall the HP Movie Store/Roxio player and just use the Cinemanow site. That's the only question I have. Sorry if I confused everyone but that is the dilemma I'm in

Thank you.

I have no idea... :huh:

There are many 'current' solutions to what you want. I suggest you explore those instead of trying to cling to the software of Christmas Past :D