SchneeBaer

Problems Even Though I Have Plenty Of Ram - Split From Dead Hijacked Thread

Question

My machine has 32 GB of RAM, and my songs are also getting shrinky-dinked (closer to 30 secs for me). Recording on the weekend when I don't have much open, so there is no way I don't have enough RAM. Newly installed machine (formatted the partitions), which is why I upgraded to NXT2. All worked fine on same machine with Creator 2011. Music also does not seem to be getting tagged. Majority of tracks coming back as unknown - likely because the 30 secs are not the initial music. Initially recording to local desktop for temporary file and then moving to network drive once finalized (tested with the final files also saving to local desktop). Machine is being professional managed against viruses, etc.

It's been 4 months since this was originally posted. Have there been any new discoveries?

6 answers to this question

There is no record that you ever posted this issue before. Did you change your sign on name? Please explain EXACTLY what you are doing - where does the music come from, how are you recording the audio, etc. We need much more information.

This was my first post on this issue, since I just installed NXT 2, however I originally posted to a different thread, since I was having the same problem (which is why I did not repeat the circumstances). However, in that thread, the resolution was to add more RAM. With 32 GB of RAM, there is absolutely no way that is the cause of my problem.

Windows 7 64-Bit machine - newly installed. Everything is service packed and current. Streaming music from Rhapsody. Using Audio Capture to capture from my Logitech speakers. Options to separate tracks. Bars indicate there is sound for entire duration of recording session. Tracks break out during recording (which is different from 2011), but only save 30-45 secs of each song (the rest disappears - it is not breaking out to multiple files). They are also not getting recognized and tagged with metadata.

What else do you need?

Edited by SchneeBaer

So you did change your log in name; no wonder I could not find your earlier thread.

What does Rhapsody say about capturing their (perhaps) copyrighted music? It sounds like you may be running into that type of problem.

Look at the older post. I do not see SchneeBaer in the list of posters. That poster never mentioned that he was trying to capture audio from Rhapsody.

Answer my question about terms of use for Rhapsody. Why do you need to capture music that loads onto your computer. If it worked in Creator 2011, why are you asking the question here? Why don;t you use Creator 2011?

Edit: Ah now I understand that you posted to a thread started by another poster and answered in that thread. Why should a two version upgrade to an older version work in the same way as a older version? Do you have or did you try capturing using Creator 2011?

This confusion is caused by your posting to that other solved post. We have no idea what you have as a computer, what you are using to capture the audio (and why) and what your other problems are.

Close out this thread and start a new one in the right version and please provide all the information required. Here is a guide. (link)

Thank you for the new information; if you select not to provide the information, you can pay for the privilege of seeing Roxio Tech Support. Remember we are users here.

Edited by sknis