aderynmawr

Photosuite 5.0 And Windows 8.1?

I've used PhotoSuite for years...ever since my first PC (running Windows 95) came with an MGI PhotoSuite disc. Over the years there have been many more discs, the latest (and my favourite) being Roxio PhotoSuite 5.0 Platinum Edition. The problem is, my new laptop has Windows 8.1 installed, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it could be a problem.

However, being such a creature of habit (not to mention a bear of little brain), I'd really like to stay with Photosuite 5! I realise that I'm probably pushing my luck since I've been running it on Vista for a few years, but is there any way possible that I can persuade my disc to be friendly and compatible with Windows 8.1?

Any advice would be very gratefully received! ^_^

I've used PhotoSuite for years...ever since my first PC (running Windows 95) came with an MGI PhotoSuite disc. Over the years there have been many more discs, the latest (and my favourite) being Roxio PhotoSuite 5.0 Platinum Edition. The problem is, my new laptop has Windows 8.1 installed, and I have a sneaking suspicion that it could be a problem.

However, being such a creature of habit (not to mention a bear of little brain), I'd really like to stay with Photosuite 5! I realise that I'm probably pushing my luck since I've been running it on Vista for a few years, but is there any way possible that I can persuade my disc to be friendly and compatible with Windows 8.1?

Any advice would be very gratefully received! ^_^

I don't know how you got it to run on Vista, but you were lucky to do so. I would say that, if you want to keep it, run it on your Vista computer, and forget about the Windows 8.1 computer.

You are probably out of luck in keeping that old program running in W8.

My suggestion is to got to Amazon or Ebay and buy the full Pro version of Creator NXT (not NXT2). That is a slightly older version that the newest so you may save some money. NXT and NXT Pro are the first versions of Creator that is compatible with W8. If you go to e-bay, make sure you buy it new, in the box, never opened. Same thing for Amazon but usually that is all they sell.

PhotoSuite is included in Creator.

Edited by sknis

Hmm. I have used Roxio Photosuite 5.0 on a computer with Vista and it worked just fine. I too have just switched to a new computer with Windows 8.1. I downloaded Photosuite from its old CD and again it works just fine! I haven't tried anything wild and crazy, just adding, editing and printing.

Hope yours works as well! :)

Hmm. I have used Roxio Photosuite 5.0 on a computer with Vista and it worked just fine. I too have just switched to a new computer with Windows 8.1. I downloaded Photosuite from its old CD and again it works just fine! I haven't tried anything wild and crazy, just adding, editing and printing.

Hope yours works as well! :)

As above; it may work for a time and then stop and never work again. :unsure:

By the way, did you notice that you replied to a thread that is more than 6 months old?

Edited by sknis

I use Photo Suite 5 with windows 7 and 8.1. But, a small problem with windows 10. When I scan, I receive a image that is 180 degrees rotated and a 180 horizontally flipped. Solution; Put scan paper, turned 180 degrees, on the glass. (Put the 'top' where you usually put the bottom). Then when viewing image 'flip' the image 'horizontally' and then you have your desired image. Maybe some one can figure out how to scan, without 'flipping' the image.