• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dakota

dakota

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:32 AM

Need help, since can't find it with Roxio. Installed EMC8 last week. I use either a PCMCIA card adapter or SanDisk USB card reader with my Toshiba laptop. Makes no difference which method I try I have the same problem.  I can insert the xD pic card either way and Im prompt by windows utility which program to open. I select Media Import, or I can just open Media Import. At this point all is fine. Now I'm to click on the PHOTO button which is to take me to a selection of devise selection. However, as I click the PHOTO button Media Import shuts down. I never get to the devise selection! I see other posts with same problem but no answers to the issue. Both card readers are showing as removable drives and I can open them with windows and or Explorer. Why is Media Import shutting down???

Kirby Gardner
South Dakota

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,694 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:15 AM

View Postdakota, on Sep 12 2006, 11:32 AM, said:

Need help, since can't find it with Roxio. Installed EMC8 last week. I use either a PCMCIA card adapter or SanDisk USB card reader with my Toshiba laptop. Makes no difference which method I try I have the same problem. I can insert the xD pic card either way and Im prompt by windows utility which program to open. I select Media Import, or I can just open Media Import. At this point all is fine. Now I'm to click on the PHOTO button which is to take me to a selection of devise selection. However, as I click the PHOTO button Media Import shuts down. I never get to the devise selection! I see other posts with same problem but no answers to the issue. Both card readers are showing as removable drives and I can open them with windows and or Explorer. Why is Media Import shutting down???
Kirby Gardner
South Dakota

No ideas other than perhaps a bad install.  What version do you have and if you bought the disc from a retailer have you updated the program.  Look in VideoWave, help, about.  Your version will be 8.00. 8.05 or 8.06 (not the 3 number).   I have no problem with my Toshiba laptop using a PCMCIA card adapter.  Have you tried one of the other slots - there should be two.  Have you tried a Windows>Start>Settings>Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs>Roxio EMC 8> Remove?  You will be given the option to repair.  Make sure you have your anti-virus turned off when you do that.  Some anti-virus programs will not allow proper installation of many programs.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 dakota

dakota

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:14 PM

View Postsknis, on Sep 14 2006, 06:15 AM, said:

No ideas other than perhaps a bad install.  What version do you have and if you bought the disc from a retailer have you updated the program.  Look in VideoWave, help, about.  Your version will be 8.00. 8.05 or 8.06 (not the 3 number).   I have no problem with my Toshiba laptop using a PCMCIA card adapter.  Have you tried one of the other slots - there should be two.  Have you tried a Windows>Start>Settings>Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs>Roxio EMC 8> Remove?  You will be given the option to repair.  Make sure you have your anti-virus turned off when you do that.  Some anti-virus programs will not allow proper installation of many programs.

Thanks for the help, but I removed and reinstalled, and then tried the repair option. I always turn NAV off when installing. I only have one PCMCIA slot on my laptop. My USB card reader does the same thing. My install CD (retail) is ver 805 so update was not an option. I see a number of posts with same problem. My emails to tech at Roxio are now three weeks, and no reply. I tried the live chat and cant get through there either. I've used Roxio back when it was Adaptec and never had such trouble as with this EMC8 ver. I will just keep plugging away.. Thanks again.

#4 dakota

dakota

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:38 AM

Here is the strange part, and I see others with the same quirk? When media import is open and I place an audio CD on the drive and click on the Audio button first, then I can click on either of the other two buttons and I can select a drive or file location. Doing this the program will not shut down. I have again removed and installed the program, same issue. Roxio tells me to submit a web ticket, and I did, they will not respond. They now want me to talk to the tech dept at a cost of $35.00. After purchasing this just three weeks ago, I have a hard time spending the $35.00 to see if they can make the product work!!! I see a number of posts with same problem, I hope just one customer has found the fix. I wait ......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users