5 replies to this topic

#1 Lynn Lynn

Lynn Lynn

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

Please point me to tutorials for using bundled apps that came with NXT Pro 2 to reduce wind noise.

Thank you
MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
9.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz 7-7-7-20
DELL Inc. 0X501H (CPU 1)
Dell 2209WA(Digital) on NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Creator NXT Pro 2, & bundled iZotope

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,964 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

In Videowave click show hide tracks, check native audio, audio track shows, right click edit on the audio track. That opens Sound Editor that gives you the option to clean audio, play with the volume, or advanced setting with the Equalizer.

The old adage crap in, crap out still greatly applies to audio here.

The use of a wind cover can help break up the wind and prevent it from interfering with a recording.

Does the camera have a wind noise reducer built in it?

Once it is there, particularly if it is really loud, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:54 AM

As cd says, you can't really get rid of all wind noises. Which camcorder do you have? My Sony does have a built in feature to reduce wind noise but ax external mic with a wind sock works wonders.

The best noise reduction program that comes with NXT2 is the Isotope Audio Cleaner. There is a sales blurb/tutorial here (link) If you had a copy of the old Bias Sound Soap you will find that ISotope is not quite as good. Sound Soap is no longer available. Isotope may be a OEM (not full featured) version but I haven't looked. You can buy Isotope software separately but is pretty expensive.

Edited by sknis, 21 June 2014 - 05:57 AM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#4 Lynn Lynn

Lynn Lynn

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

Although the Creator programs do not necesarily get better with each new version, I have been buying them as a habit. I give my older ones to one relative or another. So which version is likely to have been bundled with the best Sound Soap?
MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
9.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz 7-7-7-20
DELL Inc. 0X501H (CPU 1)
Dell 2209WA(Digital) on NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Creator NXT Pro 2, & bundled iZotope

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,359 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

Although the Creator programs do not necesarily get better with each new version, I have been buying them as a habit. I give my older ones to one relative or another. So which version is likely to have been bundled with the best Sound Soap?

It depends on what operating system you are using.-- some are not compatible with W7 or W8. I believe it was Creator 2010 Pro. The program needs to be registered but I don;t know if the registration servicers are still in business.

Edited by sknis, 21 June 2014 - 04:06 PM.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#6 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,607 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

It depends on what operating system you are using.-- some are not compatible with W7 or W8. I believe it was Creator 2010 Pro. The program needs to be registered but I don;t know if the registration servicers are still in business.

Creator 2010 was the last Roxio suite to have Sound Soap bundled with it.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users