• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mad Manx

Certificate file missing or corrupt

Question

After loading the full suite everything seemed to be working fine until I tryed to open

Back Up My PC and I get an Error that says Certificate file missing or corrupt Please

reinstall it. My question is - how do you reinstall a missing or corrupt Certificate file

for just Back Up My PC ? I do not even know what a Certificate file is or where to find

one. I did reload the entire program once and it did not change the problem.

Any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

After loading the full suite everything seemed to be working fine until I tryed to open

Back Up My PC and I get an Error that says Certificate file missing or corrupt Please

reinstall it. My question is - how do you reinstall a missing or corrupt Certificate file

for just Back Up My PC ? I do not even know what a Certificate file is or where to find

one. I did reload the entire program once and it did not change the problem.

Any suggestions?

This is exactly what I expected, no responce from Roxio or anyone else. This software

sucks and it is a shame that I waised $100. :)

This is exactly what I expected, no responce from Roxio or anyone else. This software

sucks and it is a shame that I waised $100. :)

You should uninstall the software completely, delete all Roxio folders and the C:\Documents and Settings\usernameApplication Data\Roxio folder then reboot and reinstall.

sucks and it is a shame that I waised $100. :angry2:

Hi mad Manx,

We apologize for letting your post slip through the cracks for so long. In the future, if no one responds to your post or the Guru's are unable to resolve your issue, you have the option to report the post to a moderator or simply fill out a web ticket from the Roxio support page under the option Contact Support on the right.

Since I was unable to locate a specific article for your error, I will look into creating one for future reference.

In the mean time, Beerman is correct in stating a clean install will resolve your issue. Below are the clean install instructions depending on your OS.

Clean Install Instructions for Creator 9 on XP

Clean Install Instructions for Creator 9 on Vista

Take Care,

Jon

The solution to this problem is as follows:

Do a windows search (START / SEARCH) for sarlicense9.dat ( I did a search for the abbreviated term: sarlicense). For this search you must choose the advanced search option for looking in hidden and system files and folders.

In the search results window, you can either rename or delete the existing sarlicense9.dat. I renamed it sarlicense9.dat.old, that way if I still need the file for anything, it can always be re-renamed.

Start Roxio. It will ask you to register, even if you have already done so. Do whatever you feel is best. I cancelled and told the software to never ask again.

If you attempt to navigate to the location of the file using My Computer, it may or may not show up, regardless of whether or not you have selected the view option in windows explorer to view hidden and system files. Rather than navigating to the folder, just use the search results window to perform the work (the search results window is just another windows explorer window anyway.) It will save you some headache.

I performed this action logged on as a user with a very restricted local security policy. Your system setting may differ and you might need to log on as admin to rename the file.

It is NOT necessary to uninstall, reinstall, edit the registry, or delete folders.

This problem is more prevalent on imaged machines, although it does happen on fresh installs.

Never use system restore just because a third-party software is not working properly!!!

Back up your personal data often!!!

That's it. Enjoy.

That problem was sorted out back in 2007 - I wonder how long it took you to find that post ;)