• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Sam13010

Sam13010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

When I loaded a new graphics font it I needed, it corrupted the Roxio display box font with the same graphics. This is the display box in the RH bottom corner that displays when a DVD or a CD is put in the CD/DVD drive. I tried deleting the font, erased the entre NXT2 Creator Program, and restarted with the same results. I know this must be a simple fix, but I cannot figure it out.
Windows 8.1 Installed

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

Show us please with a picture.

http://www.wikihow.c...crosoft-Windows

http://forums.suppor...n-cap-on-roxio/

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#3 Sam13010

Sam13010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:54 AM

Here is the screenshot

Attached Files

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

That is the Roxio Burn Desktop Application.

What language is your Windows installed in?

What language did you install Roxio in?

Edited by cdanteek, 26 June 2014 - 06:19 AM.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#5 Sam13010

Sam13010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

English for both. ONLY the Roxio Burn application displays the graphics font All other display boxes are perfect.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

English for both. ONLY the Roxio Burn application displays the graphics font All other display boxes are perfect.

Turn off all programs and antivirus/Firewall software put the Roxio Disc in a drive and run it choose repair when offered. Reboot the PC when done and see if that fixes it?

cd

Spoiler

#7 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,990 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

Do you use the Roxio Burn Application ? If not, disable it and see if you still have the same problems. But suggest that you do the "repair" of the program first s suggested.

#8 Sam13010

Sam13010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

I did use Roxio Burn when I could see the font. I did the repair including removing the font (or what I think he font is, an the problem is still there.

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

including removing the font (or what I think he font is,

I never told you to do anything else!

Please explain what you did?

cd

Spoiler

#10 Sam13010

Sam13010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

STEP BY STEP REPAIR PERFORMED:
1. Shut down al applications
2. Turned off Antivirus (Norton)
3. Removed Graphic Font - or what I think it is.
4. Restarted Windows -- Checked Roxio - Still a problem with the font.
5. Did the Repair with the CD using the control panel
6. Restarted Windows
7 Problem is still there.

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

Removed Graphic Font - or what I think it is.

Please explain what you did "Removed Graphic Font - or what I think it is."?

cd

Spoiler

#12 Sam13010

Sam13010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

I just fixed the problem. One of the Graphic Symbol Fonts was corrupting the Roxio Fonts. I deleted the font and the problem was immediately fixed. It was NOT the font I was thinking it was. Thanks for your help.

#13 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,990 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

So for other's information if needed---What was the font that was causing all the problem ??

#14 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,967 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

I don't think he wants us to know!

cd

Spoiler

#15 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,990 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

I don't think he wants us to know!

If it was "corupting" the included Roxio fonts it would be nice to know. But you're probably right-- he doesn't want us to know.

#16 Sam13010

Sam13010

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

It is not that I don't want to tell, I just don't know the name of the Graphic Symbol font I deleted. It was a foreign sounding name that was free. I deleted several that looked like they matched the symbols on the screen.

#17 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,990 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

Thanks for the reply Sam.

#18 robertschmidt

robertschmidt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

Fonts can be removed directly from the control panel once incorporated into the system.

It appears he found the correct one to remove, which probably installed itself as primary.

Once removed from the control panel, the system will default back to whatever was in use
prior to that installation.

#19 robertschmidt

robertschmidt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

Nice responses though. Gotta love the encouragement to participate.

#20 epenrod

epenrod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

I had the same problem and found that the font that caused me problems was "Van De Velt" or something similar.  Removed it and the program was back to normal.  I was able to read the menus again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users