• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 85 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

RVdave

EMC9 PhotoSuite error message

Question

When using PhotoSuite 9 to edit or fix a picture, I can load the picture by dragging it from My Pictures to the PhotoSuite lower pane or to the taskbar shortcut, and once loaded I can perform the necessary editing. If, however, instead of dragging the picture to the program I push the Open Picture button on the left side of the PhotoSuite screen the program immediately terminates and I get the following message. I tried the Knowledge Base solution for a previous version’s Visual Basic C++ error, but it didn’t solve the problem. I’m using XP2 with ALL the available updates. I’d appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks. – Dave

RoxioErrorMessage.jpg

12 answers to this question

Since I've received no responses to the above problem, I'm wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this glitch. When trying to fix pictures in the EMC9 PhotoSuite "Fix & Enhance Photos" routine, does your "Open Photo" button (on the left of the screen) work or does it shut down the program like it does mine? Secondly, after submitting a support Web Ticket about how long is it taking to get a response? I know Roxio is probably swamped with requests and this isn't a big problem, but I'd like to know how long to wait. Thanks and good luck. - Dave

Edited by RVdave

Since I've received no responses to the above problem, I'm wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this glitch. When trying to fix pictures in the EMC9 PhotoSuite "Fix & Enhance Pictures" routine, does your "Open Picture" button (on the left of the screen) work or does it shut down the program like it does mine? Secondly, after submitting a support Web Ticket about how long is it taking to get a response? I know Roxio is probably swamped with requests and this isn't a big problem, but I'd like to know how long to wait. Thanks and good luck. - Dave

I tried to recreate your problem and can't. However, I can't drag my photos to Photosuite and the only way I can add them is to use the Open Photo function.

I'm curious....what happens if you right click your photo and choose, 'open with' then 'Photosuite'?

I tried to recreate your problem and can't. However, I can't drag my photos to Photosuite and the only way I can add them is to use the Open Photo function.

I'm curious....what happens if you right click your photo and choose, 'open with' then 'Photosuite'?

Paul - Thanks for the quick response, it sounds like we have similar, but opposite problems. My "Open Picture" button shuts down the program, but I can use this routine by dragging pictures to the lower pane or to the taskbar shortcut, which puts them in the lower pane. If I right-click a picture in My Pictures folder, I get a pop-up box which gives me the opportunity to open the picture with 6 different programs, but PhotoSuite isn't one of them. Hope this helps. Thanks and good luck. - Dave

Paul - Thanks for the quick response, it sounds like we have similar, but opposite problems. My "Open Picture" button shuts down the program, but I can use this routine by dragging pictures to the lower pane or to the taskbar shortcut, which puts them in the lower pane. If I right-click a picture in My Pictures folder, I get a pop-up box which gives me the opportunity to open the picture with 6 different programs, but PhotoSuite isn't one of them. Hope this helps. Thanks and good luck. - Dave

I tried to duplicate both yours and Paul's problem. It works both ways for me, although it tells me I can't drag it to the taskbar. I have to let it hover over the Photosuite button, in the taskbar, and then the panel opens and allows me to drop it in.

I also did not have a choice for Photosuite but I selected to browse to the program files/Roxio/photosuite folder and choose it to open with. That should work for you. I don't get any errors when trying to drag to Photosuite, the hour glass shows that it's doing it's thing but then disappears and nothing is imported. No message given.

When you right click on an image and just under those 6 selection, there should be a CHOOSE PROGAM...

Click BROWSE if it is not on that list. Navigate to the photosuite9.exe file. It should then be an option from then on.

You can also check mark "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". if you want that option.

I tried to duplicate both yours and Paul's problem. It works both ways for me, although it tells me I can't drag it to the taskbar. I have to let it hover over the Photosuite button, in the taskbar, and then the panel opens and allows me to drop it in.

Can add but can't drag. :)

When you right click on an image and just under those 6 selection, there should be a CHOOSE PROGAM...

Click BROWSE if it is not on that list. Navigate to the photosuite9.exe file. It should then be an option from then on.

You can also check mark "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". if you want that option.

Gary - Thanks. I was able to add PhotoSuite9 to the pop-up box "Open With" list by going to the PhotoSuite / Tools / Options / Associations and clicking "Select All". Now when I right-click a picture I have the opportunity to open it with 7 different programs, including PhotoSuite9. Unfortunately, this solved one problem, but the Open Photo button still results in the program shutting down. Thanks and good luck. - Dave

Edited by RVdave

Hi: I have just developed a similar problem with the Microsoft C++ run-time error occurring when I select "Open Picture". Photosuite9 has been operating flawlessly for many years, including recently under my Win 7 SP1 x64 on my HP dv9820us laptop, with 4 GB RAM. I have been trying to edit some photos unloaded from my Kodak Easyshare Z740 camera to Kodak Easyshare (latest version)and copied to a Xmas2011 sub-folder in My Pictures folder. I cannot "drag & drop" any photo file ffrom the Xmas2011 folder to the Open Picture frame in Phosuite9.

Can anyone assist with a resolution to this problem?

Appreciatively, Arbyem

Edited by Arbyem

Hi: I have just developed a similar problem with the Microsoft C++ run-time error occurring when I select "Open Picture". Photosuite9 has been operating flawlessly for many years, including recently under my Win 7 SP1 x64 on my HP dv9820us laptop, with 4 GB RAM. I have been trying to edit some photos unloaded from my Kodak Easyshare Z740 camera to Kodak Easyshare (latest version)and copied to a Xmas2011 sub-folder in My Pictures folder. I cannot "drag & drop" any photo file ffrom the Xmas2011 folder to the Open Picture frame in Phosuite9.

Can anyone assist with a resolution to this problem?

Appreciatively, Arbyem

Your problems may be caused by upgrading to Windows 7. The program is not compatible with Win 7. Some parts may work, but it is doubtful that you will ever get everything to work properly.

Your problems may be caused by upgrading to Windows 7. The program is not compatible with Win 7. Some parts may work, but it is doubtful that you will ever get everything to work properly.

Unfortunately, given that the 2009 product is no longer supported, that is likely true. However, I had been using the product under Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 on many occassions without any problems. The latest error occurrence appeared after I had upgraded a snapapi file to allegedly correct a problem with my Acronis True Image Home 2012 product.

I presume from your pessimistic response that I would not be advised to uninstall and reinstall the EMC 9 product.

Does anyone else have any advice/counsel?

Appreciatively, Arbyem

Unfortunately, given that the 2009 product is no longer supported, that is likely true. However, I had been using the product under Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 on many occassions without any problems. The latest error occurrence appeared after I had upgraded a snapapi file to allegedly correct a problem with my Acronis True Image Home 2012 product.

I presume from your pessimistic response that I would not be advised to uninstall and reinstall the EMC 9 product.

Does anyone else have any advice/counsel?

Appreciatively, Arbyem

This thread is in the EMC 9 part of the forum NOT the Creator 2009 part of the forum. Having said that, the issue with W7 compatibility and no free support still holds true.

Are you doing any video editing or just Image /slide shows? If the later, you might consider one of these