buhockey13

Compatibility From Creator 2009

Question

Ok... I'm VERY behind the curve here... I got roxio creator 2009 bundled with a DVD drive I have a while back and have recently gotten into taking videotapes of family weddings (on a mini DV tape format) and creating DVDs for family members...

getting to the point, I have a number of projects and jewel case files I've created using Creator 2009 and would like to know if these are compatible with the Roxio Creator NXT 2 ($89 @ Newegg) or Creator 2012 SE ($29 @ Newegg)

I'm pretty much a firm believer in "you get what you pay for"... so I was leaning toward the Creator NXT 2 but if that's not compatible what other options do I have?

System:

Windows 64-bit Vista Home Premium SP2

Intel i7 920 @ 2.67Mhz

6GB RAM

ASUS CD/DVD (write DVD+-R 24x, DVD+RW 8x)

2 nVidia GeForce GTX 260 in SLI

140GB HDD (OS)

160GB HDD (Programs)

300GB HDD (Data)

1TB HDD (OS/Program Backup)

1TB HDD (Data Backup)

Thanks,

Steve

2 answers to this question

No Roxio Creator program is compatible with older versions (except for minor features). This means that if you have unfinished C2009 projects you would have to completely redo them in a new Roxio version.

In my opinion the C2012 version is superior to the newer NXT or NXT 2 version. The newer versions have removed some features from C2012. Of course you have to make shure that any version you get will be compatible with your OS.

• Like 1