7 replies to this topic

#1 edgewood17

edgewood17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:43 PM

Hi guys.
I am really frustrated. I was dreaming about the Toast capabilities. I've got it in a bundle with LaCie d2 DVD-RW Firewire for my MAC (Power Mac G4; 1.25 GHz;
  L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
  L3 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
  Memory: 768 MB
  Bus Speed: 167 MHz

I wanted to burn an enhanced audio CD (with an mpg file). Not a chance.
This is what kind of communication I get:

Interface error: 5. The connection is not stable.
OK
The disk failed to be written.
OK
The drive reported an error: Sense key = Illegal request
Sense code = 0x2C
Command Sequence error.
OK

Then, I can not remove the CD from the Lacie drive. I have to turn it off, and only then I can eject the CD.

Can someone help me?

#2 oluaces

oluaces

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:24 AM

View Postedgewood17, on Jan 16 2006, 09:43 PM, said:

Hi guys.
I am really frustrated. I was dreaming about the Toast capabilities. I've got it in a bundle with LaCie d2 DVD-RW Firewire for my MAC (Power Mac G4; 1.25 GHz;
  L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
  L3 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
  Memory: 768 MB
  Bus Speed: 167 MHz

I wanted to burn an enhanced audio CD (with an mpg file). Not a chance.
This is what kind of communication I get:

Interface error: 5. The connection is not stable.
OK
The disk failed to be written.
OK
The drive reported an error: Sense key = Illegal request
Sense code = 0x2C
Command Sequence error.
OK

Then, I can not remove the CD from the Lacie drive. I have to turn it off, and only then I can eject the CD.

Can someone help me?

Well, I cannot help you, but I have exactly the same problem. It began several weeks ago, I've updated the firmware but it never worked again. I think the problem is with the OS, because I am not able to record DVD neither with Toast nor with Apple Disk Utility. I found some other people with the same problem in the Apple discussion board, but no solution up to the moment (sick).

#3 oluaces

oluaces

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:31 AM

I think I've just found the solution (at least it worked for me).

I've read in macfixit (http://www.macfixit....041221081432908) that sometimes the firewire iSight can cause interferences with other firewire peripherals. It seems that was may case, because I had an iSight connected to the other firewire port of my iMac G5. Well, I unplugged the camera so that the only firewire device for the computer is now the Lacie d2 DVD writer and I've just burnt 2 DVD without problems (one was a DVD-R and the second one was a DVD+R). The second one was burnt even with the iSight connected to the second port of the burner (NOT to the computer directly).

I hope this works for you, too.

#4 edgewood17

edgewood17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:32 AM

View Postoluaces, on Mar 1 2006, 11:31 AM, said:

I've read in macfixit (http://www.macfixit....041221081432908) that sometimes the firewire iSight can cause interferences with other firewire peripherals. It seems that was may case, because I had an iSight connected to the other firewire port of my iMac G5. Well, I unplugged the camera so that the only firewire device for the computer is now the Lacie d2 DVD writer and I've just burnt 2 DVD without problems (one was a DVD-R and the second one was a DVD+R). The second one was burnt even with the iSight connected to the second port of the burner (NOT to the computer directly).

Thanks for trying. I had no other Firewire devices connected. Every piece of hardware and software have been upgraded. I combed the net in a search for answers, but could not find any.
I contacted Lacie Support. They gave me some advises which I folllowed with no results, but they had no real solution for me suggesting sending the unit back to them (at my cost). I decided to take my burner plus my G4 to the Westworld Macintosh Tech Support. No results. The burner DID work on other machines, but not on mine. Other Firewire devices were working with my machine, but not my newly bought Lacie DVD burner. They tried a new, just from the box, Lacie burner, but it did not work on my G4 either.

They also contacted Lacie Support. The Lacie Support team has not heard of such problem. Finally, They decided to install the internal LaCie d2 DVD-RW (My G4 had a slot for that) it worked. They took back the external burner and that was it for me.
I am not going to find out what was wrong when even 2 teams of tech experts could find out.
Thanks again for your advise.

#5 sboy

sboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:06 PM

View Postoluaces, on Mar 1 2006, 10:31 AM, said:

I've read in macfixit (http://www.macfixit....041221081432908) that sometimes the firewire iSight can cause interferences with other firewire peripherals.

THis solved my same situation. Couldn't burn a DVD with my external and this solved.
Thank you!

#6 iserdee

iserdee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (oluaces @ Mar 1 2006, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this worked for me...thank you so much and may you be blessed 10-fold
dee

#7 cbarnesphoto

cbarnesphoto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

It is now 2013 and this post is still very relevant. It worked on Interface Error: 5

#8 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,189 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Glad it worked for you, after 7 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users