• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lraynor

lraynor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

I can't seem to be able to get spin doctor to auto define tracks. I played around with the preference settings but it seems to make no difference.  Also no wave form appears after recording. I just see a flat line. The recording is there and will play and I can reduce clicks and hiss etc. I must be doing something wrong. I was reluctant to post since there are no previous posts. Apparently, I am the only one having trouble.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,476 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:06 AM

I've experienced this odd problem with Spin Doctor not creating a wave form and I think my fix was to reinstall my OS. I know that sounds drastic and there may be other fixes. For example, you could try creating another user account to see if Spin Doctor worked properly from that account. Or you can install your system on a Firewire hard drive and boot from that system.

I honestly don't know what went wrong for me. But I had other issues that led me to choose to do an archive and install of my OS and Spin Doctor is working fine now.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 lraynor

lraynor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:45 PM

Alas, I tried the starting up from a firewire disk and got the same result. I running OS 10.4.4 on my main drive and 10.4.2 on the firewire. I just won't find tracks or show the wave form. What I have been doing is manually setting the tracks. I hope something comes up to fix this.

Thanks

LR

View Posttsantee, on Jan 17 2006, 11:06 AM, said:

I've experienced this odd problem with Spin Doctor not creating a wave form and I think my fix was to reinstall my OS. I know that sounds drastic and there may be other fixes. For example, you could try creating another user account to see if Spin Doctor worked properly from that account. Or you can install your system on a Firewire hard drive and boot from that system.

I honestly don't know what went wrong for me. But I had other issues that led me to choose to do an archive and install of my OS and Spin Doctor is working fine now.

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,476 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:06 PM

View Postlraynor, on Jan 17 2006, 09:45 PM, said:

Alas, I tried the starting up from a firewire disk and got the same result. I running OS 10.4.4 on my main drive and 10.4.2 on the firewire. I just won't find tracks or show the wave form. What I have been doing is manually setting the tracks. I hope something comes up to fix this.

Thanks

LR
Is it possible that you have any VST plug ins in either your Root>Library>Audio>Plugins>VST folder or your User>Library>Audio>Plugins>VST folder. I know there is a conflict with Bias Soundsoap.vst. If you do have plugins try moving them out of the VST folder and see if that corrects the problem.

Another thing is to be certain a destination is selected in Spin Doctor preferences for the scratch file. In fact, reset that destination. Maybe part of the application doesn't know where the other part put the file.

When I had my similar problem nothing appeared in the track list. You say you can manually set tracks. How can you do this without a waveform?

Here's another idea. Go to the location where the scratch file is written and copy it to the desktop. Now open that copied file in Spin Doctor. Does a waveform get created now?
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 gragegrl

gragegrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:29 PM

I am reviving this post because I am having the same problem, the recording does not show up as a waveform. I can't edit it, all I can do is auto define the tracks and send them to iTunes. Anyone have any ideas? I'm not about to attempt a full system install for this, I'll try Garage Band before it comes to that.

QUOTE (tsantee @ Jan 17 2006, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it possible that you have any VST plug ins in either your Root>Library>Audio>Plugins>VST folder or your User>Library>Audio>Plugins>VST folder. I know there is a conflict with Bias Soundsoap.vst. If you do have plugins try moving them out of the VST folder and see if that corrects the problem.

Another thing is to be certain a destination is selected in Spin Doctor preferences for the scratch file. In fact, reset that destination. Maybe part of the application doesn't know where the other part put the file.

When I had my similar problem nothing appeared in the track list. You say you can manually set tracks. How can you do this without a waveform?

Here's another idea. Go to the location where the scratch file is written and copy it to the desktop. Now open that copied file in Spin Doctor. Does a waveform get created now?

Edited by gragegrl, 29 December 2007 - 09:30 PM.

#6 gragegrl

gragegrl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:44 PM

Ahhh...It was the VST folder! Thanks!

QUOTE (gragegrl @ Dec 29 2007, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am reviving this post because I am having the same problem, the recording does not show up as a waveform. I can't edit it, all I can do is auto define the tracks and send them to iTunes. Anyone have any ideas? I'm not about to attempt a full system install for this, I'll try Garage Band before it comes to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users