• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rezo

rezo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:55 AM

I have Easy CD Creator 5.3.5.10v. When I try to record the files I want making a Data DVD it gives me a message saying, "No supported DVD-recorders were detected on my system" Can anyone help me out? I've updated the software as much as I can, but it still gives me this message. Thank you for your replies.

#2 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,246 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:07 AM

View Postrezo, on Sep 19 2006, 12:55 PM, said:

I have Easy CD Creator 5.3.5.10v. When I try to record the files I want making a Data DVD it gives me a message saying, "No supported DVD-recorders were detected on my system" Can anyone help me out? I've updated the software as much as I can, but it still gives me this message. Thank you for your replies.
Well, we need more information.  Has this DVD writer ever worked with your installed ECDC 5?  What version of Windows are you running, and if it is XP, do you have SP 2 installed?  What make and model of DVD Writer do you have?  If it is newer than the latest drive updater for ECDC 5, then it will not work since ECDC 5 relies on a table of drive specs to know how to talk to each drive, and yours won't be listed.

So, give us some more information so we have somewhere to start.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#3 rezo

rezo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:00 PM

I've only ever made audio CDs before, never a data dvd. I have Windows XP. I don't know what SP 2 is and how do I find out the make and model of my DVD writer? Thank you for your help.

#4 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,224 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:08 PM

View Postrezo, on Sep 19 2006, 05:00 PM, said:

I've only ever made audio CDs before, never a data dvd. I have Windows XP. I don't know what SP 2 is and how do I find out the make and model of my DVD writer? Thank you for your help.

Read this:    http://forums.suppor...p?showtopic=122

#5 d_deweywright

d_deweywright

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,246 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:17 PM

View Postogdens, on Sep 19 2006, 05:08 PM, said:

In addition to that, which gives instructions on how to identify your drive (tell us your drive identifier - to get the ID string, right-click on the "my computer" icon, go to "properties" at the bottom of the menu, the hardware tab, then Device Manager, then click on the + alongside the CDROM icon.) SP 2 is "Service Pack 2", which was a major update to Windows XP.  I don't run XP, so maybe someone else will be able to tell you how to find if you have SP 2 installed or not.  In Windows 2000, I'd look in the control panel.  However, if you have SP 2 installed, that has been known to break ECDC 5.  If you're still able to write Audio CDs, then you're ECDC 5 is not broken.

The next question would be, are you certain you have a DVD writer?  If you only have a CD writer, then of course you can't write DVDs with it.  That's why we need to know the drive ID of your drive.
Dave D-W

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once and you'll suck forever.  - Brian Wilson

[ASUS M4N98TD EVO MB | Athlon II X6 440 (3.3 GHz) | 4GB DDR3 RAM | GE Force 7800 video card | 1-500GB HD (C: XP, G: Win7 , D: - Apps, E: data & apps), 1-500 GB HD Data), L: 1-1 TB WD Green, M: 1 - 2TB Toshiba HD  | 2 - LiteOn DH20A4P DVD burners | External Dell QFlix DX-20A6Q DVD +/- writer  | Windows 7 (32-bit) | Creator 2012 | Tektronix Phaser 8560 solid ink printer | Epson R220 Photo/Disc printer | Ricoh GX 3110db dye sublimation ink | Epson Workforce 1100 printer | Microtek i900 Scanner]
XP w/EMC9
XP w/EMC10
Win7 w/Creator NXT Pro
Win7 w/Creator NXT 2 Pro

#6 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:10 PM

If you can find "My Computer" (in WinXP it may be hidden in the "start" butten stuff, rather than on the desktop, right-click, click on the properties tab, and it will tell you if you have Windows XP SP2.

Lynn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users