Amitabh Bansal

How To Burn Bd At Full Speed?

Question

Friends,

I have windows 8.1 64bit with a blu ray writer, i tried burning a blu ray media at max speed, but it always burn at 1x to 1.8x whereas the blu ray media is of 6X, i have tried in nero and it creates at 6x without any problem, i have checked the settings also and BD is at MAX but still it takes a lot of time to create a disc, please help me out

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Friends,

I have windows 8.1 64bit with a blu ray writer, i tried burning a blu ray media at max speed, but it always burn at 1x to 1.8x whereas the blu ray media is of 6X, i have tried in nero and it creates at 6x without any problem, i have checked the settings also and BD is at MAX but still it takes a lot of time to create a disc, please help me out

Thanks

Don't believe everything you read ! Did you actually measure the time the 6X that Nero says it is burning and compare it to what Roxio says is 1.8? Nero may say it is burning at 6x but that is either read from the disc OR their burning engine displays the highest speed that it reached during burning. The burning speed is variable.

Roxio has always burned at the safest speed and displays that actual burning numbe.

If you are making more than one copy of the BR, have you made an ISO file or folder set and then burned the disc. Perhaps much of the time you see is for the encoding of the project. BTW, Nero and other burning programs will burn the ISO file or folder set to the BR disc. You could also try the free IMGBurn to see if that helps. There are other free programs that will do that also.

Don't believe everything you read ! Did you actually measure the time the 6X that Nero says it is burning and compare it to what Roxio says is 1.8? Nero may say it is burning at 6x but that is either read from the disc OR their burning engine displays the highest speed that it reached during burning. The burning speed is variable.

Roxio has always burned at the safest speed and displays that actual burning numbe.

If you are making more than one copy of the BR, have you made an ISO file or folder set and then burned the disc. Perhaps much of the time you see is for the encoding of the project. BTW, Nero and other burning programs will burn the ISO file or folder set to the BR disc. You could also try the free IMGBurn to see if that helps. There are other free programs that will do that also.

Dear sir

i am not making multiple disc, few files are on HDD and making a BD Disc, roxio took about 2-3 hours to burn a 50gb dl disc where as nero taking about 45 minutes, media is same Verbatim

Dear sir

i am not making multiple disc, few files are on HDD and making a BD Disc, roxio took about 2-3 hours to burn a 50gb dl disc where as nero taking about 45 minutes, media is same Verbatim

I guess that Nero is faster. Why don;t you just use that or one of the free programs mentioned above.

By the way, are you burning a BR data disc or a video disc to play on a blu ray player?