Sign in to follow this  
LenaBreadBurn

Burning A Dvd Out Of One Toast Image And Two Dmg? Session?

Question

Hello,

I wanted to back up my black Tiger retail DVD and made a Toast Image. Now there is also the combo-update.dmg to bring Tiger to the latest version and I have my OS9.dmg.

Is it possible to burn all on one DVD, so that when I put the DVD in I will have three different DVD-Volumes?

Like in a session, but with Toast Images I can't use "session".

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Sort of. You can make a data DVD disc that contains each of the .dmg and .toast image files. When you insert that burned DVD you can then open each of the image files and they each will mount as disks in the Finder. There isn't a way to have them all automatically mount.

and will another user be able to mount the toast image, when he has no toast?

Change the .toast extension in the file name to .iso and it should mount on other computers.

Ah, one thing, I missed... of course the .iso, will not be bootable, before burned to another disc, right?

What I planned to do was a bootable DVD plus .dmg files (updates) as an "extra" on the same disc.

A disc image file burned as data won't automatically mount when inserted into a Mac. It will need to be double-clicked on to mount. You can make a DVD video that automatically launches in DVD Player on insert that also has disc image files burned as data to the disc for manual mounting. The easiest way to do this is to add the VIDEO TS folder from the one you want to play to the top level of the data project with DVD-Rom (UDF) as the format. Then add your image files.

Well, of course, one has to first double click, but, when you the "restart" the Mac from this image (on the DVD) the Mac will start from the HDD again, when I tried it. (This is not a video image, but an OS).

Well, of course, one has to first double click, but, when you the "restart" the Mac from this image (on the DVD) the Mac will start from the HDD again, when I tried it. (This is not a video image, but an OS).

Oh, sorry for my misunderstanding. You are correct that it doesn't work because it gets unmounted on restart and won't automatically mount.