PatrickMK

Bsod Pops Up When Opening Software With Usb Connected To Pc

Question

Hello!

For the past 2 days I have been trying to figure out why this is happening.

Whenever I plug in my game capture and click capture to open to program, it gives me a BSOD. I have gotten different errors, but I was wondering if anyone could help me on how to fix this?? Thanks

Edited by PatrickMK

18 answers to this question

Topic moved.

A little more information please. Have you used this successfully in the past? What can you think of that may have changed? Windows updates? (What version of Windows are you running?)

Topic moved.

A little more information please. Have you used this successfully in the past? What can you think of that may have changed? Windows updates? (What version of Windows are you running?)

Yes it was working flawlessly for 2-3 days previously to this error. Nothing was every tampered with as I have done myself. I have updated my windows. I wonder if this is it? And I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit

Nothing was every tampered with as I have done myself.

Do you understand what you wrote?

I don't!

I have updated my windows. And I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit

You had RGC installed on W-8 then you update Windows to 8.1?

Do you understand what you wrote?

I don't!

You had RGC installed on W-8 then you update Windows to 8.1?

No I have installed it on 8.1 Edited by PatrickMK

No I have installed it on 8.1

I have updated my windows.

Lets start from the beginning. Tell us the time line what OS you had and what software you installed when. Then what are you referring to by "I have updated my windows" please explain that in the time line too.

Lets start from the beginning. Tell us the time line what OS you had and what software you installed when. Then what are you referring to by "I have updated my windows" please explain that in the time line too.

Since I just got this PC recently (2-3 weeks ago), it came with 8.1. A few days ago when I got the BSOD it said I had to do a system restore. So I restored it to an earlier date. I installed Skype, Java, Chrome, Virtualbox, VLC, Camtasia Studio, Fraps, Xsplit, WinRAR, Audacity and Paint.net. For windows updates I had to reinstall 50 windows updates.

Since I just got this PC recently (2-3 weeks ago), it came with 8.1. A few days ago when I got the BSOD it said I had to do a system restore. So I restored it to an earlier date. I installed Skype, Java, Chrome, Virtualbox, VLC, Camtasia Studio, Fraps, Xsplit, WinRAR, Audacity and Paint.net. For windows updates I had to reinstall 50 windows updates.

I see no RGC or was that still installed when you restored the PC?

Follow this link so you can tell folks what is causing the BSOD.

How to Analyze a BSOD Crash Dump, http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Analyze-a-BSOD-Crash-Dump/

I would contact the PC manufacture and explain whats been happening and you ran the MS tool and have the pastebin file info, it is referring to a WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT.

It may be a problem with W 8.1 Operating System.

Keep us informed please.

Okay Thank you, I will be contacting Lenovo in a few minutes. Again though thank you so much! I will tell you what happens later.

CD is much better at hardware than I am so I hesitate to butt in here... To confirm that your RGC Device is not at fault here you need to install the Software on a another PC then plug the RGC Device in there to see what happens.

If you don't have one, find a willing friend ;)

I would just like to give a update that my PC has been repaired and I tried recording today and it worked perfectly!

Thanks for the help!

I will post if anything else happens.

Actually, nevermind...Guess what!? It only worked that one time. I have gotten to the point and realized it is the device. I am not going to keep doing this. I shouldn't have to stress over a tiny box. I am just not going to do this. Thanks, but this is just ridiculous.