• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robert1973

Robert1973

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

Used the copy and convert function to capture web video one time and it worked. I can't get the program to work again. Tried capturing you tube, facebook and even email attached videos and none are captured. Even tried different web browsers. All my video file associations are with windows media, browsers are set to accept cookies and safe active x, don't know if there is another setting I should change to get the program to start working again?

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,295 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

Many people have complained about that. It MAY be because YouTube changed their program. It is well known.

There are two options (at least). There is a YouTube plug in for FireFox that works . Lately I have been using the free version of "Any Video Converter" to capture the video. All you have to do is get the URL from YouTube.

Note as with much freeware (not the plug in) , there may be some extra software that wants to install with the program. If you select to do a custom install, you can usually chose not to install the extras.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#3 Robert1973

Robert1973

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

The problem is with all web video no mater what the site. Thank you for the information though. I put the youtube plug in for firefox and it works great for youtube videos at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users