29 replies to this topic

#1 ddallen612

ddallen612

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Just installed NXT2. Install gave no errors and CD burning works well.
However, the Create Labels applications do not work properly. When Roxio Labeler or Express Labeler start, all of the radio buttons are white and have no text in them. When I mouse over some, nothing happens. Mousing over others causes them to turn yellow and clicking them will result in an action, but they still remain blank.
I first tried doing a repair with no luck. Then, un-installed and re-installed. The problem remains.
Win 8.1 x64 is fully updated and has latest driver for Intel HD Graphics 4000. Text size for the Display is set to "Smaller".
Buttons in the other apps look and work fine.
I'm logged on as an admin.
Any ideas?

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,854 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

I don't 'see' what you are 'saying' - good place for a screen cap or two :lol:

Before that, let's just try a proper repair to see if that will improve things.

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

IF that does not improve it, post a picture or two of what you are seeing, info on posting is HERE
Posted Image

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,210 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:50 AM

Hi, You sound like you may be computer experienced. Have you added any or deleted any fonts from your computer? Are you using a standard English font face or are you using some font with characters superscripts, etc.) It may be that the font the labeler wants to use has gone missing or has been replaced.

If you haven't changed fonts, then the repair should help.

PC  Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin): Windows 1064 bit,  I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 8.1  Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4. I-7 third generation @2.4, 8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Laptop - Windows 10

Dell 13 inch convertible.

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,854 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:58 AM

Good ideas, thanks Steve! ;)
Posted Image

#5 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,327 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

Win 8.1 x64 is fully updated and has latest driver for Intel HD Graphics 4000. Text size for the Display is set to "Smaller".

Please try setting the text size to "standard" or equivalent, and see if that helps your problem. You can easily reset to "smaller" if it doesn't help, and many Roxio programs or modules don't seem to handle anything other than the standard 96 d.p.i. very well.

Brendon

P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
2 x DVDRW IDE 16X, in Windows XP, 7, and 8.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#6 ddallen612

ddallen612

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

As suggested, I ran a repair with the AV and Firewall disabled.
Re-started and tried the Labeler. The blank buttons are still there.
As far as I know, I'm using the Windows 8.1 default font. I'm also using the default Windows Theme.
I've tried adjusting the text size, setting resolution to 1024 X 768 and 1280 x 1024. No help.
My main monitor runs at 1920 x 1200. I disconnected it and re-installed using only a 1280 X 1024 monitor. No help.
I've attached a couple of screenshots so that you can see what I'm dealing with.

Attached Files

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,854 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for the screen caps!!!

My next guess...

Some portions of the Suite require Windows Media Player 11 or higher be installed. Do you have that?

What about the Fonts that Steve asked about in Post #4?

What about Size that Brendon asked about in Post #5? (Control Panel - Display - pointer at left, Smaller)
Posted Image

#8 ddallen612

ddallen612

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

I have Windows Media Player 12.0.9600.17031.
Adjusted the font size and there is no change. Tried "Smaller" all the way out to "Larger".
I have not knowingly added, removed, or changed any fonts.
Thanks for your help.

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,854 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:38 AM

First of all, your Display Size must be set to Smaller. No one told you to try others!

It is most likely a Font issue ~ have you installed other software lately?

How about other stand alone apps within the Suite - the ones with the little blue arrow by their name are stand alone apps.

(I just picked this one as it has both types of apps)

Attached File  Data - Copy.jpg   89.06KB   0 downloads

Do they have the buttons showing OK?

Might not hurt to pass along your PC specs as outlined in this post, HERE ;)
Posted Image

#10 ddallen612

ddallen612

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:07 AM

Display size is definately set to Smaller.
I tried the other stand alone apps and the buttons are showing their inentifying text and working OK.
I have installed Turbo Tax 2013 and Cyberlink PowerDVD 13. However, this was before NXT 2.
Attached File  DxDiag.txt   75.74KB   7 downloads

#11 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,854 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for the file! It confirmed you are running 96dpi (Smaller) and that your language was English for both the Install and Region.Things tend to go south when you install in Phoenician and run in Creole...

Nothing of what you have installed should have any effect...

I am stumped!

Will pass it along to see in someone has a fresh idea or two to try ;)
Posted Image

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,854 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:04 AM

Some questions did come up...

Are you using dual Monitors?

Have you changed your Display at all, True Type, Text Size, ect.?

Attached File  Image7.jpg   75.99KB   0 downloads

(if you haven't, DON'T ^_^)

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 05 August 2014 - 02:05 AM.

Posted Image

#13 ddallen612

ddallen612

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

I am using dual monitors.
However, in search of a remedy, I disconnected one. Removed NXT 2 and re-installed with just one monitor.
Same problem.
My display settings look just like the ones in your example, including the Title Bars set for 11.
This is how they were when I first installed.
I don't think I have ever adjusted the Clear Type. My display has always looked really sharp.

#14 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,854 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

It was something to check :( Most folks never touch that, but a percentage have to tinker with everything :lol:

Can you install it on another PC, even get friend to try it?
Posted Image

#15 ddallen612

ddallen612

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

Installing on another PC would not be easy. My other computer is running Win 8.1 RT.
I'm reluctant to ask a friend to install 1.2GB of stuff and all the registry mods just for my benefit.
Are you suspecting my download software might have a problem?

Since things are not going well with troubleshooting in the Forum, I opened a case with Corel. They were supposed to call today but did not. They have rescheduled for tomorrow.

#16 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,854 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

It will NOT run on Win 8 RT!!!!!

Go with tech support as we are out of, airspeed, altitude and good ideas :lol: :D :lol:

Please keep us informed as to your progress and solutions -_-
Posted Image

#17 robertschmidt

robertschmidt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

Another muliple (over quad) core issue it looks like? I'd suggest trying to do the repair install (with antivirus, firewall, etc turned off) and setting the affinity to just 1 core while doing the repair install. Start the install/repair, then load
taskmgr - find the app - click on 'go to details', then affinity and select check box to run on only 1 core (the 1st only), then go back to the app and continue the repair/re-install.

See if that works for you. AFTER the repair/install it will by default run on all cores - setting affintiy only works as a manual event for the install.

#18 ddallen612

ddallen612

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

I first tried a repair as you suggested. The problem remained.
I next ran a full uninstall using the method described, then restarted the system.
Used Regedit to remove all traces of Roxio, Sonic, Creator, and NXT2 from registery.
Used File Explorer to remove all temp files from user folder, and removed all Roxio, Sonic, and Corel folders from hard drive.
I only kept a second download of the 2 NXT install files. I had these because a Corel rep had me downlod them just in case my first ones might have been damaged.
Reinstalled NXT 2. Same problem.
I'm wondering if my system is missing what goes in the buttons, or, it is missing what is needed to display them properly?

#19 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,449 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:26 AM

Download Revo Uninstaller Pro, Revo Uninstaller Pro is a FULLY FUNCTIONAL TRIAL - 30 DAYS FREE!
Run it in moderate mode only removing all Roxio entries,
Download and install XML 4 SP3
a. http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en
Download and install .NET 3.5 SP1
a. http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en
Copy files from Disc to hard drive. If downloaded extract them to folder on hard drive using Winzip or WinRar.
a. If files don't copy or extract you have a bad disc/download. You'll need to contact the vendor for a replacement.
Disable Antivirus software.
Run installation from hard drive.

I'm just a fellow user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may have provided.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.

Spoiler

1.Click here Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB) CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5, 8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <> Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!

#20 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,854 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:48 AM

Good idea cd ~ all those items interconnect at one way or another ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users