All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. bdl1024

creating the best video file?

Thank you for your help!
  3. Yesterday
  4. Copy the VTS_01_?.vob files to a new folder. Change all the vob extensions to mpg. Does each file play correctly? Now, add each mpg file in Videowave (in the correct sequence). Can you now create a new video file correctly? Exactly what are you playing when you get the "split" images. Of course NXT does not recognize the "Slideshow" folder as playable.
  5. Then the DVD's wouldn't have read errors! Something else is at play here. Try copying a slideshow DVD to another blank DVD (copy disc program) and does it play OK?
  6. The SlideShow Folder on the DVDs contain the .jpg files. The DVDs in question were created with old Sonic Software RecordNow7 or MyDVD06 (Year 2003 or 2004). The back-up files on the hard drive are very different from Creator and NXT. All DVDs play fine on our TV's DVD which I thought would make this easy. So at this point I am going to let it go because I am assuming the source files are incompatible.
  7. Last week
  8. LeeTXJD97

Background audio comes out phased and distorted

This appears to be the same problem I experience with NXT6. I have spent MONTHS with tech support. All of their suggestions are WORTHLESS. I even created screen captures to prove what is going on. They (tech support) continually feign ignorance to attempt to close the inquiry number. Interestingly, I finally came across one tech who mentioned this is a common complaint. Here is what I discovered - for whatever reason when the program creates the audio proxy file, it creates a “corrupted” proxy audio file. The longer the video to be edited, the more fuzzy/corrupt the sound will progressively become. It is clearly a problem with how the program extracts audio from the video when it creates the proxy file. They may have hard coded an improper setting into the program or something. You can confirm this yourself by changing the default audio proxy directory in settings and then listening to the audio file it creates. I can’t figure out if the program uses the proxy file for rendering or if it creates another temporary (yet also corrupt) audio file.  This is repeatable on multiple machines. An i9 - MacBook running windows duel boot - even my surface 4. All of them exhibit this behavior. I believe they use ffmpeg to extract, but I still don't know how it is called up for the conversation. This is entirely due to a poorly crafted program. I can replicate the problem with multiple machines and differing files. It is not your drivers (video or sound) - it is NOT a machine dependent problem. It is a bug that Roxio/Corel must address. I was hoping a fix would be issued by Roxio/Corel to take care of it. Contact tech support via email in this site. Let them log a complaint. https://www.roxio.com/en/support/
  9. What is contained in the folder "Slideshows"? Where did it come from? Does the Video_TS folder play correctly?
  10. Sounds to me like the slideshow DVD's have unrecoverable read errors. There isn't a fix for that.
  11. Yes All DVD's have the Video_TS folder with ifo, bup, vob extensions. BUT the DVDs that have slideshows that lock up also have a folder called Slideshow. As you can see from above I have used several Sonic/Roxio products that might be the issue. Also wondering if it is a Window 10 / QuickTime is the issue????? I am trying to get away from DVDs and go to Video streaming so I want to convert my old DVDs.
  12. bimicher

BurnerState_EncodingMenu failure

Link to NXT 7 BlueRay Plugin but you already bought the plugin so there is no pint in buying it again
  13. rk255

Isn't Roxio part of Corel. So if the Blu ray plug-in from Roxio does not work, what guarantee that Corel plug-in will work. Besides, I don't know where it is on Corel Website. Is it a stand-alone product like Cyberlink's Power2Go?
  14. Do the problem DVDs have a Video_TS folder? Does that folder have files with the extension ifo, bup and vob? Exactly what are you trying to do and what steps are you doing?
  15. Yes Just tried a few in our BlueRay DVD player.
  16. Yes I copied the folders from the DVD to a folder on my desktop. It still does the same thing with all old (pre ntx3)slide shows. The videos convert with no problems.
  17. REDWAGON

You can purchase the BluRay plug-in from Corel and then it will work with your NXT program assuming you have a BluRay drive. AS I remember the cost is not that much---$8 or so.
  18. I suspect your old DVD's have read errors causing the problem. Please answer this question, have you tried copying the DVD with Explorer to your hard drive, does it copy?
  19. When I open the old DVD (.DVD) with VLC the Slide Show images freeze and just plays the music (Video plays OK). When I VIEW the files in NTX7 the clip plays OK. But when I play back the converted video each frame is split in half with the next picture.
  20. rk255

Actually I first tried to burn blu-ray disc. But when it failed towards the end with the error message I thought of making ISO file. It is the burning part that is giving problem. Now if Roxio will stop supporting Blu-ray burning as you mentioned then probably the problem will not be fixed.
  21. bohalloran

MYDVD Templates

I'm using Toast 17, but should be the same as Toast 18. Try this. 1. Open Toast. 2. Click on video tab in the top center. 3. Click on the options tab in the top right corner 4. Select the format tab under format and select the format you want. 5. Under menu style, select customize 6. Select the menu tab in the top center. 7. that will open a window that shows the image of an image. 8. Drag and drop the Photoshop image you want on top of the current image. That show show the image you want. 9. Be sure you type in the menu title you want. The default is my movie. 10. Click OK which will bring you back to the main Toast window. Proceed as usual. If this does not work Then contact tech support directly. Tech support does not monitor these support group posts. Good luck.
  22. Is that when you play the DVD's on a DVD Drive? Have you tried copying the DVD with Explorer to your hard drive?
  23. Jrwill228

MYDVD Templates

Now you know why I gave up, returned it and got a copy of DVD styler. It’s free and I can customize all of it.
  24. OK. I've already filed 4 tech help requests with NO HELP AT ALL. Please do not send me to the article for Toast 8. It is too old and does not apply. I want to change the color of the type, the typeface, and placement of the type. Also put in a custom background. And move items to their best place in the layout. MyDVD Pro continues to CRASH each time I want to make an .iso file. Toast 18 Pro, will not show the addition "100+" menu options they tout on their website and I paid for. Also I can't customize any place, style, color or text. The thumbnails are way too small to see or give any help. What can I do? Is there a better piece of software to buy to help me make custome DVD menus and burn an .iso file? I've done research but am a bit confused. Hope someone has an answer for me.
  25. JosephMartin

MYDVD Templates

I have TOAST 18 Pro. I want to customize the DVD Menu also. I can't find ANY tutorial on how to do it. Or, after exporing the interface, I only see VERY SMALL previews that I cannon change. When I went to myDVD Pro..... crashes each time I try to burn an .ISO file. Please DO NOT direct me to the article for Toast 8. Yikes. That is too old. Is there anyone to call at Roxio to talk about this with.... that know anything. Each time I file a question for help I get the same response... we'll email you in 24 hours. Terrible customer service. And the answers are always wrong. Is there anyone who can help?
  26. I have old DVD's that have Slide Shows and Videos that were either created with MyDVD 06 or Creator 2012. I have no problems with the Video files, BUT the Slide Shows hang up transitioning from picture to picture, splitting them in half. On later DVD's where I used NTX3 they convert OK? Jim
  27. sknis

NXT 6 Themes

Corel, or the behalf of Roxio has dumbed down or removed many of the previous features.
  1. Load more activity