All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Jim B

Learning center not working

When I looked at my list of default apps by file type, I see that I got Foxit selected for PDF files. As of right now I don't need to find any other PDF files. I'll keep you in mind if I do...Maybe we haven't solved the problem but, we took a pretty good swing at it. Jim
  3. Today
  4. DIEGO LOPEZ

Roxio 18 and catalina "Mac OS Error"

I get same.
  5. In Device Manager do you show anything under 'Other Devices'? Did you install the software on the W-10 X64 before plugging in the Roxio USB Device? The left device is old the right device is new. Do you show anything under Sound Recording tab like I do? Old Device New device Make sure your update looked and went like this, click below.
  6. Yes I have tried it in several different USB ports to which work with other USB devices. My device is the one pictured on the left side of your photo, it has a detachable pigtail USB cable that came with it, plugging just the Video Capture USB device without the pigtail into the USB port, still does not work. The service Pack package you linked to, I have already tried because when I clicked your link above, it gave me a file called vhstodvd_sp3_to_88a (1) which indicates it has already, previously been, downloaded and I ran it already, but I tried it again and there was no difference from the first attempt. Here is a screen shot of my device manager with just the USB dongle (Minus the USB pigtail cable extension) in the USB port. It is pressed in as far as it will go. Worked fine with a test on an older Windows XP 32Bit Dell computer USB port. It showed up as 'USB 2861 Device' in XPs device manager, as you can see below no 'USB 2861 Device' listed. (oh, to keep you on track I still have and used the original installation CD that came with my capture device, it installed the software and I entered my valid product key and the software install went flawlessly and loads when executed.) (See my screen shot of my software loaded on screen and the version number below)
  7. Yesterday
  8. I am on OS 10.14.6 Toast 18.1. PROBLEM is with Toast 17 and 18. Dropping a 1.4 GB mp4 on Toast, which is 1 h 42 minutes, It shirks it to 41 minutes. When a mov file (ProRess) is placed on it it doesn't make a MP4 any more. And because it is 200 GB Toast only displayed 0 bytes available. Or with smaller files it make it bigger. In Example Toast 17.4, placed a 12.64 GB file (Proress) and makes it this time 65,87 GB
  9. Triumph

My movie Shrunk

I have the same Issue. But I am happely not yet on Cataline. I never did ghet a replay on my post. I did give Roxia my money and even after the latest update the problem is not solved.
  10. No, the software disc has 32bit and 64bit drivers. With the device plugged into a USB port, expand sound video and game controllers in device manager and post a pic. Have you tried more than one USB port? Have you plugged in another USB device into that port to make sure it is working? Have you applied the update for Easy VHS To DVD 3 here? http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/isum/vhstodvd/vhstodvd_sp3_to_88a.exe What device are you using?
  11. I bought a new computer, my old one had Windows 10 32bit, this one is 64bit. I installed the software for build 201B23A from my original installation disk and used my valid product key. The programs Easy VHS to DVD and Sound Editor installed and load no problems. The issue is the USB dongle is not being recognized in device manager, not even as an 'unknown device' it worked fine on my older 32bit Windows 10 OS. I have come here to find out if the problem might be that the dongle is not supported in a 64bit OS such as Windows 10 Home Edition. The device worked fine on my other system and was recognized in both Sound Editor and Easy VHS To DVD programs. Has anyone else had issues with the USB dongle not being recognized once it is placed in a USB port on a 64Bit OS? (As a side note, I quickly plugged the dongle into an old 32Bit Windows XP computer and the device showed up in Device Manager as 'USB 2861 Device'. Plugged it back into my Windows 10 Home 64Bit computer and no new devices showed up in 'Device Manager' Bruce.
  12. Brendon

Opening old project files

I've spent a day on this. Got Roxio Creator 9.0.117 DE installed under Windows 10, and everything seemed to run except MYDVD. When called this program showed a notice about profiling the video card, but when I clicked the OK it paused for a few seconds and then went back to the Home menu. I got Creator Premier 9.1.573 installed on another machine, and everything seemed to work except MyDVD. This one showed me the profiling message once, and then every time I tried to run MyDVD the Home menu would blink out for about 5 seconds but MyDVD would not run. I got that same result on three different machines with different video cards, so I don't think the video cards are at fault. So, sorry but if I can't run this version of MyDVD under Windows 10, I can't help you. Brendon
  13. Last week
  14. cdanteek

Pretty hard not to see what the problem is, accepting it seems to me to be the problem.
  15. azdude

I've been waiting for a corel tech to get back with me, but I guess my problem is low priority.
  16. azdude

So. Would you know which version was the last to support that extension?
  17. bimicher

Roxio Creator Premier Version: 9.0.116 will not recognize that .dvd extension. As far as I know, no video program from the last 10 years accepts that extension
  18. cdanteek

I'm talking about the Sonic application that came pre-configured on your HP Multimedia box you purchased in the early 2000's. That seems to be the program you need? Isn't it the program you used to make the video files?
  19. edbeta

Toast DVD crash unders Mac OS Catalina.

After a little chat today they are aware of the problem but no timeframe to fix-it also not in a rush to fix-it. That very sad the product as great value on the Mac user market who still need to burn optical discs like dvd and blu-ray. Since it is on the Mac App Store i wiil ask Apple if it is an Apple Problem or ask them to pull-it off of Mac App Store untill it get fixed.
  20. azdude

The program runs with no problem, just the error of the file type.
  21. cdanteek

That would be an HP version only. Have you checked with HP if it is available today to download? A PC from 2000 would now have an older operating system and your Roxio Creator Premier Version: 9.0.116 may not run on todays OS?
  22. azdude

The Sonic application came pre-configured on an HP Multimedia box I purchased on the early 2000's. I was hoping that the 9.0 Premier would be backward compatible, but alas no. Are you aware of the last Roxio or Sonic version supports.dvd files?
  23. cdanteek

CAPTURE DEVICE

You posted in 'General Chat'! Your Caps Lock button is on. Are you aware of what ROXIO product you have installed and using? Why not tell us, along with what CAPTURE DEVICE your buying and using?
  24. qcjim

CAPTURE DEVICE

WHAT CAPTURE DEVICES WILL WORK WITH ROXIE? I AM ON MY THIRD ONE AND AM GETTING TIRED OF BUYING NEW ONES.
  25. Oddmanin

Video not connected

Also, I do not have access to W 7. I'm Windows 10.
  26. Oddmanin

Video not connected

cdanteek: No!
  27. cdanteek

Video not connected

Do you have a webcam hooked up on the PC machine?
  28. bimicher

With what program did you create the "older" project files? It seems that your " Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 Premier. " simply does not recognize those old files. myDVD project files have the extension "dmsd"
  29. azdude

The inscription on the disc is "Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 Premier." When I attempt to open a .dvd file from the directory, an error message "bad file type:only dmsd supported." Roxio Creator Premier Version: 9.0.116 Build: 901B16Z, DP1 Serial Number: 15-HMSJ0-FS95V-03745 Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006 Module Name: PX Engine Build: 3.2.52a, 99 Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006 Module Name: Roxio Core Version: 3.3.0 Build: 331B17M, DLP Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006 Module Name: Roxio Creator Tools Version: 3.3.0 Build: 330B40F, DLP Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006 Module Name: Roxio Creator Audio Version: 3.3.0 Build: 330B49H, DLP Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006 Module Name: Roxio Creator Copy Version: 3.3.0 Build: 330B45E, DLP Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006 Module Name: Roxio Creator Data Version: 3.3.0 Build: 330B45F, DLP Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006 Module Name: Roxio EasyArchive Version: 3.3.0 Build: 330B46A, DLP Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006 Windows 10. Thanks You Brendon for your help
  1. Load more activity