All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. What have they done to my reliable Roxio Creator???? In December 2018 I bought the Creator 6 and now I having a heck of a time converting VideoWave to a DVD. Last week, REDWAGON sent me instructions but I can't figure out how MyDVD works. As he instructed, I saved the VideoWave dmsm file. I opened the MyDVD program. However, when I open the folder in the MyDVD program where I put the VideoWave, it doesn't appear. Out of the MyDVD program, I can see the VideoWave is there. What am I doing wrong????? I've been using Roxio since 2007 with great success. The last upgrade I previously purchased was Creator NXT probably 5 years ago. I never had any issues and produced a dozen or more DVD's with the older Roxio versions. Thanks for your help. Ed in Florida
  3. cleatus

ARRRGH!!! new install fail!

Well all...thanks for trying to help! The user decided that they didn't want to spend any more time on this software and found another DVD authoring SW--which worked and had his DVD ready in no time. So I guess we don't have to worry about trying to make this one work! thanks again.
  4. Yesterday
  5. cdanteek

You bought Small & Medium Business/ Roxio Creator Enterprise software. Since no one here runs that software you need to contact Roxio Small & Medium Business / Roxio Creator Enterprise support. Email or call vlp@roxio.com or 1-877-682-6735 Sales and ask for Enterprise support.
  6. cleatus

Reboot? lol...I am ready for format C:.... 1. I will get the dxdiag soon--been fixin the other hundred issues here as well. 2. Single version, one license. just purchased to author a single DVD.... purchased direct. SHI I think. electronic license/download 3. didn't know there was a stand alone version. This was cheap enough to get the full package in case we needed the other goodies. 4. yes...we use that a LOT. funny part it is works a lot of times!!!! PS--just ran updates on that offending PC. I did update video drivers and BIOS. No change still wont open. I gotta run to another fire right now. I will be in touch. thanks to those that are helping!!
  7. sknis

Something doesn't add up. 1) You did not post the dxdiag.exe file that was requested. As an IT guy, you should know how to do that. That means we don't know if your OS is up to date, if your video and audio drivers are up to date, etc. 2) You didn't explain if you have the special version designed for multiple computer installs (networK) or not. Where and when did you buy the Platinum version? If directly from Roxio and return it. Let us know; we may have other suggestions for you. 3) You did tell us why you bought the entire suite of programs just to get the DVD burning program when that program is available as a stand alone. (Palladium) 4) You didn't say "Reboot and try again.
  8. cleatus

not eve sure where you got that...but whatever the lolz was I was giggiling because its me...the "it guy here" and I have to solve this...there is nobody else.
  9. cdanteek

Since you think this is 'fun, laughter, or amusement' I will leave it there, bye...
  10. cleatus

lolz I am the IT department. I just am tired of dealing with third party software that should work right out of the box Our computers are WELL over the minimum specs. Our Windows installs are very vanilla, so a conflict, while possible, is not likely. And if this software cant handle Microsoft antivirus...well... The install went fine as far as I could tell (minus the 4.5 gb of stuff it installed...) I installed it as admin(me logged in), and as the user, using my admin credentials -Both I, and the standard user get the same results. DVD creator will not open---everything else will. I tried both the "complete" and "choose what is installed options"--same result--DVD creator wont open
  11. cdanteek

Something doesn't sound right here! Do you have a IT department? Show him the software and ask if consumer based software will run on your " it is a work/business computer " Point him to system requirements.
  12. cdanteek

So you installed it on your personnel "work/business computer"? Do you have administrative privilages when you installed it on your "work/business computer"?
  13. cleatus

it is a work/business computer. 64 bit, win 7 16gb ram i7
  14. cdanteek

You need to give us information instead of " (beating head on wall) " So your work PC install is what?
  15. cleatus

work PC install. just need it for one use---he needs to create a DVD....that's it. and its the ONLY thing that wont open up...(beating head on wall)
  16. cdanteek

Are you trying to run this software on a home based PC or on a server? MyDVD video disc authoring requires 64-bit OS, system requirements.
  17. cleatus

sounds good. we only use Microsoft system center endpoint for antivirus--and centrally administered--I may not be able to turn it off due to restrictions. All I bought this for was the DVD authoring....I just want to make a very simple DVD...but of all the options in the program work...EXCEPT the dvd maker. I am really annoyed that of all the things that are available, the one thing I need --doesn't... it really shouldn't be this hard
  18. sknis

First, don't do the uninstall and reinstall again unless told to. You have a limited number of installs before you get the install count reset by Corel. Second, turn off your anti-virus and do a repair. of the program. Third, if that doesn't work, post the text file results of a Windows dxdiag.exe. It will tell us about the state of your computer and any errors that might have occurred. There is no personall information except what you call your computer. Be aware that the latest versions of " Create DVD" is nowhere near what it had been in the past-just in case that you expected it to be.
  19. Last week
  20. We just purchased Roxio Creator Platnium NXT7 Install seems to go fine. we run the program and on the main dashboard we can run ALL of the items Roxio does...EXCEPT THE ONE THING WE BOUGHT THIS SOFTWARE FOR....ARRGRGHHHGGRGHRGRG!!! All of the items open up except for "Create DVD"....it just will pop up the orange "create dvd" title box and nothing happens. That box stays there and never opens the DVD creator. if you click the create dvd box again, it will spin for about 5 seconds and spinner disappears...again NOT opening we have uninstalled and reinstalled with same effect. needles to say I am beyond @#%ed, as that is the only thing we bought this software to do. anyone? help please? :)
  21. I am not a frequent user of Creator NXT Pro 6. Now I have a need to use it but have run into two big issues that have stopped me. 1) Video Capture will not load. When I select it the spiral spins a few seconds but nothing else happens. On an earlier Roxio version it worked great but dead with Pro 6. Has anyone else had this problem? I trying to burn a DVD from a VHS tape.l 2) Since Video Capture won't load I tried Plug and Burn. By all indications this seemed to be working OK but when I attempted to play the DVD it looked and sounded like it was playing at 2X speed! Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? Thanks in advance for any help.
  22. I have used Toast for a long time, including versions 4, 5, 6, 8, 11, and now 17. One of its most useful features for me, that I use frequently, is Utilities->Compare, to verify that various backup copies or moves of folders are in fact duplicates and not corrupted or missing files. Every version of Toast, or at least the Intel-native versions 8, 11, and the newest 17, have an incompatibility with MacOS 10.14 Mojave. Under MacOS 10.14 Mojave, Toast shows the red Forbidden icon when trying to navigate into a Time Machine backup folder, whether using the standard "open" dialog box or dragging folders to the Compare window, so files there can't be read or compared. This problem didn't happen under previous MacOS versions, and other applications such as Finder and BBEdit under Mojave can read files in the Time Machine backup folder just fine, and without needing to ask for permissions. Mojave clearly does something subtly different with Time Machine file permissions, either intentionally or as a bug, and Toast needs an update to accommodate it. I upgraded to Toast 17 today partly thinking that it may fix the issue that version 11 had, but it didn't. Do you know what's going on here? Thank you in advance for a quick fix, or documented workaround.
  23. ogdens

Can't burn blu-ray Mojave

FYI Go to the Search (top right) and type in Mojave....sorry its not good news.
  24. Xyches

Can't burn blu-ray Mojave

I'm on Toast 17.4 using Mojave 10.14. I try to use MyDVD Pro and burn an blu-ray iso and it pretty quickly closes without warning and an error message pops up to send to apple. I've tried 3 different MAC's same version of Mojave. I reinstalled MacOS on two them and only installed Toast 17 and it still crashes. I'm at a loss here. Did they ever test this software in Mojave? Toast 17 itself can't even burn a .toast file it crashes with error 9999 or 111 after a while. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
  25. ThomasSW

Get ISO image file out of Toast 17?

Thanks for this hint, will try it :-)
  26. theoldarchiver

Get ISO image file out of Toast 17?

I haven’t confirmed this for v17, but for a long list of previous versions: you could save a project as a Disk Image file, which would get the .toast extension. If you rename that in Finder to .iso, then you’ll find that is is compatible with many Windows burning software. It won’t make your PC read the Mac file system (HFS/HFS+/APFS), but for DVD-Video (UDF file system) that is not an issue.
  27. aquancer

Audio Capture

Mute is not checked and I raised the volume. still not working.
  1. Load more activity