I am creating a simple football highlight DVD. I have created over a hundred highlight DVDs in the past but this is the first time I have come across this issue.
I have 6 unlocked DVDs of footage, 2 “real” DVDs (they have creative title screens with different buttons) and 4 DVDs with just a play button that activates the footage.
I did not experience any problem converting the two “real” DVDs.
I am having problems converting the 4 basic DVDs. I am trying to convert the four unlocked DVDs (NTSC DV) to QuickTime files so I can use the footage in Final Cut Pro and them export the footage to a DVD.
No matter which option I choose, Convert > DVD Disc, VIDEO_TS, Video Files, all of my conversions are coming out with running times shorter than the original footage.
Before converting, Toast recognizes the true duration of each master and lists it in the Summary.
Here is an example of what I am experiencing:
Video: DV/DVCPRO – NTSC, 640 x 480
Audio: AAC, Stereo, 44100 Hz
1 Track, Duration: 43:57, Estimated size 40.2 MB (125 KB/sec)
My final converted size ranges from 6 to 10 GB
Using 10.0.9, my first attempt resulted in a 22 minute conversion of a 44 minute master. My second attempt resulted in a 34 minute conversion of the same 44 master.
I tried again from another computer running 10.0.5 and it wouldn't even convert. I updated to 10.0.9 and converted again, got the 22 minute conversion result.
I reinstalled Toast 10, didn't update, and converted again. This time, my conversion came up about a minute short.
The major issue with the converted footage coming up short is that my times are off. For example, the play found on the master at 2:15 is not the same play found at 2:15 on the converted footage.
Using Intel Macs.
All input welcomed and thank you in advance.