I think I am not being clear, sorry about that.
Let me start over.
1) card was working fine on my laptop from Nov - Jan 18th
2) restarted computer and all of a sudden card is not being detected getting the no signal on the software. Card is receiving power because the big --> arrow lights up purple but not the other 2 leds.
3) I reinstall/repair the software it doesn't work. Thinking there is an issue with my laptop I go to my desktop.
4) Install software on desktop, restart the computer, plug in the card and it doesn't work.
5) Remove the card, reinstall/repair software, restart and then plug in the card, does not work.
6) Leave the card pluged in and restart my desktop, card shows up as "UNKNOWN" device under the device manager, however I can't update driver, I uninstall the device, search for new device, shows up again as "UNKNOWN" device. Take out the USB cable plug it back in while the computer is running and its gone from device manager does not even show up as unknown, its simply not there.
7) I did as you asked, reinstall the software (which runs fine but shows no signal) plug in the device and nothing works.
8) restart computer with the usb plugged in and shows up as "unknown device"
Now what I am saying is that the reason why I can't install the driver and why it is not working is because the hardware has malfunctioned and shows up only when I reboot with it plugged in and even then only shows up as UNKNOWN device. I can't update its driver no matter how much I try. Once I unplug it and replug the device it disappears until i restart the computer with it plugged it.
I am going to test this but getting another Roxio Game Capture HD Pro hardware and simply pluging it in with the software and drivers installed already, if it is detected and works fine, I will know that my actual device is malfunctioning.